SOUNDCLIP: Mesa Single Rectifier.

Tommi Inkila

• Members

Big thanks to all!

I'm very happy to hear that the tone and my playing gets so many :thu: ... and it's really cool that the phrasing is also mentioned (thanks higainlover)... I really tried to concentrate on it... and thanks Joey for the marketing! :)

Hmm... what else I could tell about the setup... well, the room in which the amp and cabinet is, is not special. It's about 15 squaremeters. I'm mostly using UAD and Voxengo plugins... The drums are made with Stormdrum and the rest with Hypersonic. For this song the recording order will be a bit strange... guitars and vocals first, then the rest... heh, since there wasn't anything in my way I was able to retain big and fat sound... I think I have to cut some of it once the other instruments are recorded.

Once again, thanks! :)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
This totally validates why you are on of my favorite guitarists on all the boards:) Love your technique, phrasing, and tone...I think I like the Single Recto tone better than the F50:cop:

Thanks! I appreciate your kind words :) You might be right that this type of riffing and playing Recto works better... I'm thinking to expand my arsenal with Dual Rectifier in the near future. I'm tempted with the tube rectifier on spongy modes... I've heard that it's at least harder to control than the single recto but there would be definately uses for the extra channel and those options.

• Members

that was amazing man. I loved the drum sound too.... i love the depth of your bass drum, and the snare was just perfect too. And what can I say about your recto tone that has not been said already....just awesome dude.

• Members
that was amazing man. I loved the drum sound too.... i love the depth of your bass drum, and the snare was just perfect too. And what can I say about your recto tone that has not been said already....just awesome dude.

Thanks a lot!

Stormdrum Pro Kit 1 (if I remember correctly :)) is my quick and easy -drumset for demoing. I also like the kit parts a lot... cymbals are passable.

• Members

What can I say? Awesome playing and tone. You should try the Marks though... for the style you play, I think they would be even better suited. More smooth and lush. I love both though. Unfortunately I'm selling my Tremoverb cuz I need the $$$ :cry:

• Members
What can I say? Awesome playing and tone. You should try the Marks though... for the style you play, I think they would be even better suited. More smooth and lush. I love both though. Unfortunately I'm selling my Tremoverb cuz I need the $$$
:cry:

Thanks a lot!

I try to test Mark-series as well... I like the lead tones I've heard on recordings but rhythms have not yet impressed me... well, they have impressed but not with wow-factor. Triaxis is also on my list.

• Members
Thanks a lot!

I try to test Mark-series as well... I like the lead tones I've heard on recordings but rhythms have not yet impressed me... well, they have impressed but not with wow-factor. Triaxis is also on my list.

It took me a bit, but I've got my Mark dialed in where I love both the rhythm and the lead tones. On the other hand, you can get a rectifier preamp and a Quad preamp (essentially a Mark preamp) and run them through a 2:90 or something, which would give you both options. :thu:

• Members

That was a great clip, and thanks for the settings I threw them on my Tremoverb, and while not exact close enough for me, it sounds so good paired with my Mark III.

What kind of recording setup did you use for that clip, just curious.

• Members

Thanks a lot!

Tommi, if you wanna test TA->2:90->recto cab, I know someone who has them.:wave:

• Members

That has crossed my mind... we'll have to find that guy.

:D

It takes about 5 minutes to walk to my apartment from the university. It takes a bit longer when walking to my apartment from your faculty though.

Archived