VOX AC15 Holy Crap!!!

ace1979

• Members

Ok so for quite a while now I figured once I got out and started playing shows again I would get a new amp (currently Roland Blues Cube 30 watt, a great amp, very versatile, great crunch/drive, etc..but not enough "guts" for hanging with a band real well, and can be a bit sterile sounding) And my two amps in mind where Fender Deluxe Reverb or a Vox AC15 (goal of a smaller wattage tube amp, with reverb, and with a built in tremelo or vibrato). This weekend I had the chance to plug my Highway One Strat into a friends Vox AC15, cranked up the volume, and OH MY GOSH!!! AMAZING. The smooth intro of Little Wing drew dropped jaws from myself and the other guy...and cranking out some tunes with our drummer was just a blast. It sounded phenomenal...pretty much made up my mind on that now! ANd really helped the strat shine too, pickups sounded great! Just thought I would share...any others compared the two and have any thoughts...also I really like the master volume feature on the Vox as it would allow for more resonable home use.

• Members

I like them a lot, but I guess that's no secret around here. It's almost funny how clear and responsive they are, when you look at the price tag.

Fenders do cleans and low gain stuff nicely in their own way, but I do not get along with them for heavier stuff like the Voxs.

Like you said, crank it up, and it's something else. And then just roll back the guitar volume, and you have awesome cleans and everything in between, as well.

And yes, the master volume is nice. With certain guitars, I can play metal sort of stuff on them when they're not up loud. The Heritage models do not have one, and I find it teh suk, as they have to be almost gunned to start really overdriving. :freak:

• Members

Ok so for quite a while now I figured once I got out and started playing shows again I would get a new amp (currently Roland Blues Cube 30 watt, a great amp, very versatile, great crunch/drive, etc..but not enough "guts" for hanging with a band real well, and can be a bit sterile sounding) And my two amps in mind where Fender Deluxe Reverb or a Vox AC15 (goal of a smaller wattage tube amp, with reverb, and with a built in tremelo or vibrato). This weekend I had the chance to plug my Highway One Strat into a friends Vox AC15, cranked up the volume, and OH MY GOSH!!! AMAZING. The smooth intro of Little Wing drew dropped jaws from myself and the other guy...and cranking out some tunes with our drummer was just a blast. It sounded phenomenal...pretty much made up my mind on that now! ANd really helped the strat shine too, pickups sounded great! Just thought I would share...any others compared the two and have any thoughts...also I really like the master volume feature on the Vox as it would allow for more resonable home use.

which AC15 was it? The $600 one or?

• Members

and also for the price (under $600 if not going with the speaker "upgrade") seems like can't really beat it, any other thoughts on folks who have had both or comparision...to me seems like a no brainer that the vox is the choice, but I am not always up on what is new out there...thanks

Archived