Some song posting suggestions

u6crash

• Members

So, I'm at work in the office today and since I don't get paid for said work, I figured I'd download some songs by other forum members, burn them to CD, and listen to them at home (where I don't have a high speed internet connection).

When I got to the mp3 thread, I noticed a large majority of people have streaming songs that I can't simply download. Another large percentage of people simply post a band website and leave it at that.

Maybe I'm off base and I don't mean to sound rude, but I think if people posted the actual url of said mp3 file, they'd get a lot more downloads and a lot more feedback. It would be a lot of work to click on every member's personal website or band page, go to the download/music section, and then get their music. Whereas if the url was listed directly, we could simply right click on it, download it, and give feedback. Then when we hear a great song, maybe we'd be more inclined to follow up and go to the personal website or band website.

Just some thoughts I had.

• Members

Those are good suggestions. I think some people are unwilling to offer free downloads. They either worry that people will steal their songs, or they hope to make money with it and don't want to give it away.

Personally, it is hard to get to my posts because I am not tech-savvy enough to do anything more complicated than a myspace page. I have a soundclick site, which allows downloads, but I think the default setting is to allow only streaming.

Archived