Since Chris Broderick is now in Megadeth....

maninblk0073

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Shawn lacks aggression? Listen to some Eidolon. 'nuff said.

Menza played better, maybe that argument I can sort of agree with.

You ever see videos of Megadeth concerts when Menza was drumming? He hit those drums hella hard. Shawn looks like he's not really into it, ya know?

• Members

You ever see videos of Megadeth concerts when Menza was drumming? He hit those drums hella hard. Shawn looks like he's not really into it, ya know?

I'd say enthusiasm's probably more the word you're looking for. And although I'd say Menza did have a bit more, I wouldn't say Shawn has that "I don't wanna be here" look.

• Members

Hopefully he'll convince Dave to jump on the Engl bandwagon. Looks like he plays a powerball, I know Dave has dropped the whole Line6 thing.

I love Megadeth, but their tone has never been outstanding (except for 99 ways to die)

I cant be the only one here who wants to hear Megadeth w/Engls.
:rawk:

Good speed-metal/thrash tones were around long before ENGLs were made....

Megadeth has almost always suffered from sub-par production...not from owning crap gear.

• Members

Megadeth has never had outstanding tone?! What are you a douche?

Broderick will use what Mustaine tells him, period.

VHT > ENGL

Don't be ignorant. Broderick will continue to play Ibanez and Engl because he has endorsement contracts with them. and those contracts are most likely legally binding.

• Members

Welcome to HCAF n00b. Now go be ignorant somewhere else. I dare say that on a purely technical level, Chris Broderick is easily Marty Friedman's equal, and so far he's nailed every solo note for note in every clip I've seen without breaking a eat. He's an amazingly good guitarist, and thankfully he doesn't seem to have any interest in J-pop.

+One gazillion

There you have it

• Members

Good speed-metal/thrash tones were around long before ENGLs were made....

Megadeth has almost always suffered from sub-par production...not from owning crap gear.

+1 ,they used Marshalls for a long ass time and the Custom line 6 rack he was using sounded pretty {censored}ing good live.

• Members

If Menza were still playing drums for Megadeth, this lineup would be the best lineup IMO. James is better than Ellefson, and
Chris is a tie, if not better than Marty
. But Shawn is lacking on the drums. Menza definitely had more aggression and played better.

Fail

Broderick is a good player but he lacks the ctalog of great music marty has laid down. As far as i know broderick didnt contribute much in Nevermore. To me he hasnt proven himself as the prolific solo writer that marty is

• Members

Fail

Broderick is a good player but he lacks the ctalog of great music marty has laid down. As far as i know broderick didnt contribute much in Nevermore. To me he hasnt proven himself as the prolific solo writer that marty is

Y'know, Nevermore isn't the only band Chris Broderick has ever been in. Hell, he was just a touring guitarist in Nevermore. Check out Jag Panzer (from The Age of Mastery up until Casting the Stones) if you want to hear what he can do.

• Members

"fail" uhh... I don't know, that's too strong a statement to me. I was a Marty fan way before he joined with Dave and I wore out my Cacophony casettes and solo stuff(even his Hawaii material) back in the day so I'm a big fan of his. Chris is no slouch and he does have material out there. It's correct that he has nothing to show with his stint in Nevermore since he was only a touring member. I like his material from Jag Panzer quite a bit and have seen him with them several times. Honestly, I find the two really different. Marty can be technical but it's his unique phrasing which is his most impressive trait. It's excellent. Chris is a totally accomplished player with jaw dropping technique, one of those guys who just lives to play...period. I really can't place one above the other, it just comes down to preference.

Unfortunately, Jag Panzer is just the type of band that would be considered junk here simply because it's not trendy and doesn't fit perfectly with the radio metal or brutal stuff. Chris has some great material there IMO.

Interesting that Chris and Marty play the same amp and I hope it stays that way since I dig the Engl SE sounds and it's great to hear it on a bigger stage. Ron J. and Marty sound excellent playing the SEs on Marty's latest DVD.

Fail

• Members

Beat me to it man!!! But yeah...Chris is no newcomer.

Y'know, Nevermore isn't the only band Chris Broderick has ever been in. Hell, he was just a touring guitarist in Nevermore. Check out Jag Panzer (from The Age of Mastery up until Casting the Stones) if you want to hear what he can do.

Archived