Question for Valveking owners...

MattACaster

• Members

I have the ValveKing footswitch. I do know for a fact that the 5150 switch works too.

I believe the 5150 switch is just a straight two-button right? Nothing fancy.

If I ground the top of the cable I can hear the relay switch in the amp, but nothing happens.

I think this amp is broken. :(

• Members

peavy windsor switch should work. Also there's a guy on ebay that has a homeade dual footswitch that works the same as well. I have also heard that one of the VOX duals works just as well.

• Members

peavy windsor switch should work. Also there's a guy on ebay that has a homeade dual footswitch that works the same as well. I have also heard that one of the VOX duals works just as well.

Do you happen to know if there is anything special about those switches?

I always assumed footswitches, minus the fancy ones that use DINs, were pretty much all the same...

• Members

Do you happen to know if there is anything special about those switches?

I always assumed footswitches, minus the fancy ones that use DINs, were pretty much all the same...

they are just a dual switch with a stereo chord.

• Members

Thats what I figured. My Stiletto footswitch is also just a dual switch with a stereo chord and it doesn't work....
:freak:

It's a momentary switch... try holding the button down. :)

Peavey uses latching switches while just about everyone else uses momentary switches.

• Members

It's a momentary switch... try holding the button down.
:)

Peavey uses latching switches while just about everyone else uses momentary switches.

Is it really??

I had no idea.....

But, if that was the case, wouldn't it switch and then switch back really quick when I let it up?

Archived