Randall RG80ES

luke978

• Members

I just gots me a RGT100ES Tube head.....sounds great.

It can do a decent full sounding clean....but nothing that great. A little hard sounding but full and clear. With the gain on the clean channel turned up, it gets softer and warmer......starts to sound almost "plexi"-ish......a very big "-ish".

It can do AC/DC punch crunch at lower gain settings.....and trash and 80's rock tones without even trying. It's similar to a modded marshall tone, but slightly different in the mid-range. More relaxed, I would say? I A/B'd it with my Jubilee and I liked the Randall's overall tone a little better, but the Jubilee did have something the Randall didn't. :thu:

I would assume the RG80 would sound somewhat similar? :idk:

• Members

I just gots me a RGT100ES Tube head.....sounds great.

It can do a decent full sounding clean....but nothing that great. A little hard sounding but full and clear. With the gain on the clean channel turned up, it gets softer and warmer......starts to sound almost "plexi"-ish......a very big "-ish".

It can do AC/DC punch crunch at lower gain settings.....and trash and 80's rock tones without even trying. It's similar to a modded marshall tone, but slightly different in the mid-range. More relaxed, I would say? I A/B'd it with my Jubilee and I liked the Randall's overall tone a little better, but the Jubilee did have something the Randall didn't.
:thu:

I would assume the RG80 would sound somewhat similar?
:idk:

nah the old RG80/100ES is solid state

everyone seems to say that for metal, they are near the top of the heap

Archived