So I live in Myrtle Beach, Who is Coming Down for a Bike Week?

Devinstation

• Members

Eh?

We have a lot more bikers than usual this year, traffic is that much worse. How many of you guys are making the trip down south this year.

And also, of the bikers here who wears their helmet when they ride? It isn't a law here in SC but I have already heard of a few motorcycle deaths because guys weren't rocking their helmets this year, and it is a pretty common thing in years past.

• Members

Hard Rock Park is an EPIC failure!!! They have like 5 rides, 400 gift shops, and NO SHADE amidst a sea of concrete (purposeful to get you to go into said gift shops to escape the heat!) :mad:

The Pavillion kicked ass. Thank god that Family Kingdom still exists down the street.

• Members

I haven't been to Hard Rock but I heard it sucked.

Iunno, guess just cause I live here but I always thought the Pavilion pretty much was OK at best. I mean, it had a nice location but I tend to avoid the tourist spots. I was one of those annoying kids skating on the north side of Oceans Blvd. or down the hotel parking garages.

When they started building Hard Rock everyone wondered, "How much can you even fit in Fantasy Harbor?" and so far the answer has been "Not a lot."

On the other hand it is supposed to have some pretty good shows getting booked, that with the House of Blues makes for some good band traffic (hopefully).

I go to Coastal now though so I live in Conway technically, not over the bridge though still on the MB side. I'm glad that I don't have to deal with the amazing levels of bull{censored} traffic during bike week. As long as I avoid 501 I am ok.

Archived