Tell me about old metal grille Mesa cabs

mparsons

• Members
I might still go for it, but I want two matching cabs. These seem to be hard to come by.

All the more reason why you should get it. Worst case scenario, you buy it and it just sits there... best case scenario, you buy it and then you find another one down the road! :love: Either way, you're only out a buck fifty for one of the best cabs out there.

• Members

The only thing is I really don't need another cab right now. I've got two 4x12s, including a Mesa which I'm totally happy with, and a 2x12 already. I'm sure at some point I'll want another one, it probably won't be for a while. Besides, that one is unloaded (and beat to hell) so I'd have to do some work, or at least spend some $$ on speakers.

But I will think about it. And I really mean it when I say you should grab it up.

• Members

i have a metal grill road ready.

i've tried 4 c90's. 4 ev's, 2 of each, and so far i liked the 4 c90s best.

i think i'm going to try 2 v30's and 2 c90s next just for the hell of it.

What exactly did you like better about the 4 C90's over the 2 EV and 2 C90's?

Are you running yours with the top portion open or closed?

• 1 month later...
  • Members

For the record, what wattage were the original stock EVs on the bottom were rated at? From what I've heard they were quite stout. I've never liked speakers below ~75W personally because I like tight bottom end. Vintage 30s for example do nothing at all for me. :facepalm:

• Members

had two of them..in road cases.

the tighest cab made.period.

if you want to knock down a house or kill something. buy them.
if i was to get them again.i use them only for live playing.unreal cab.
and i would use them on the opposite side of the stage..im marshall
type cab person..for cleans..there like a grand piano.amazing.

• Members
For the record, what wattage were the original stock EVs on the bottom were rated at? From what I've heard they were quite stout. I've never liked speakers below ~75W personally because I like tight bottom end. Vintage 30s for example do nothing at all for me.
:facepalm:

The EV EVM-12L's were rated at 200Watts. I had a blown EV in the 412 cab I bought, so they can blow....

Archived