Framus Dragon live clippage in band setting!11!

Faust2016

• Members

Went in to studio yesterday with the band and recorded a little demo.

My other guitarist was playing a Peavey 112 (Bandit I think) while the amp didn't sound very bad I totally ate him :).. He had his volume at 8 and the mids dimed, I was on 2 on the volume dial and had my mids at 7 :cop:.

Was really a pity that I couldn't get the volume any higher, cause on 4 it was REALLY nice :D Really punchy and big sounding etc.

But anyway.. See myspace below for the clips. I am on the right, other guy is on the left. First three songs are from the demo, the other one was recorded at band practice with one mic in the middle of the room (hence the quality)

These songs are single tracked 'live recordings'

My signal chain was:

For cleans: middle position on Yamaha Pacifica (SD SSL-1 or something) , distortion: bridge on the Pacifica with Duncan JB --> Framus Dragon --> Dragon 412 --> mic --> :confused::o

The quality isn't great and a LOT of low end was cut of, but what do ya expect when you pay 80 euros :poke:

Playing isn't very tight in the beginning of the two 'heavy' songs (In our Flames and Fall from a red Sky), but gets better as the songs progress :)

http://www.myspace.com/10thmarch

• Members

Metronome. Now.

lulz.

If I've learned anything about clipz, especially if its of a popular peice of equipment like the dragon, it's that if you don't get many replies, it means:

1. You sux.

2. It sux.

3. The toane sux.

4. There is something ultimately sucking at some stage.

This leads to people not wanting to comment because they know that it will have to be a negative one and contrary to what most members seem like, they don't want to be the douche that says "you sux".

• Members

:freak:

I don't mean to be a dick, but kids, this is a great example of how having good gear doesn't mean you have good tone.

If I've learned anything about clipz, especially if its of a popular peice of equipment like the dragon, it's that if you don't get many replies, it means:

1. You sux.

2. It sux.

3. The toane sux.

4. There is something ultimately sucking at some stage.

This leads to people not wanting to comment because they know that it will have to be a negative one and contrary to what most members seem like, they don't want to be the douche that says "you sux".

More or less.

Archived