Wanted: PDF of Troy Stetina's Secrets to Writing Killer Metal Songs

ADS_Scotland

• Members

Hey everyone.

Has anyone got a pdf copy of "Secrets to Writing Killer Metal Songs" by Troy Stetina they could email me?

Any help would be much appreciated - I've been after this book for ages, it's out of print and I can't get hold of it anywhere......

Thanks

Alastair

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

Hello, Alastair, I just registered to this when I ran across your inquiry about Troy Stetina's book. I too have been looking for it for a very long time. Please keep in touch with me (wiccansteelmagnolia@yahoo.com). There is a Public Library in Minneapolis Minnesota that has the book in its reference department and they will send it out to any library's reference department (cant check it out and take it home) in the US. As soon as I clear up a large fine :) I plan to send for the book and copy it in the reference dept. It has a CD with it but haven't figured out just yet how to copy that :) If things work out in the next month or so I could send you a copy. We are not breaking any copyright laws as this is for teaching/instructional use and not to be reproduced and sold or distributed (been copying books for years now for my medieval history research :) ) So, keep in touch and we'll see what we can do and while we are waiting check out my friend's band (in the style of old German thrash metal) web site Avengerofblood.net or on my space. They have a 2nd CD out that is awesome. (This book has to be the rarest book in the universe, I found a copy for sale once in Australia and they wanted $340 for it, I am sorry to say I don't want it That bad :) ). Til Death Do We Thrash!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

If this book was not out of print and apparently unavailable anywhere, someone might have to fall on the thread-delete key, here.

Since there appear to be a number of folks interested in this book, maybe someone will take the hint and put out an official PDF version or release another print edition. I have no doubt that most folks who really want the book would rather do the right thing and pay for it, given the option. Otherwise, it appears what folks think of as a valuable resource might disappear forever.

• Members

I think, especially in light of that last post, that we're in pretty safe territory.

But just to make sure I'm on top of the ol' moderating game, here:

If the copyright holder of this work has ANY PROBLEMS whatsoever with this thread, please PM me and it will be dealt with accordingly.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

If this book was
not
out of print and apparently unavailable anywhere, someone might have to fall on the thread-delete key, here.

Since there appear to be a number of folks interested in this book, maybe someone will
take the hint and put out an official PDF version or release another print edition
. I have no doubt that most folks who really want the book would rather do the right thing and pay for it, given the option. Otherwise, it appears what folks think of as a valuable resource might disappear forever.

Thanks for the download. Anyone who wants to pay for this can go to:

http://www.music44.com/X/product/696510_DOWNLOAD

Since I'm not a big fan of people telling me what I can and can't do with something after I bought it, I'm thankful for this download.

The pdf in the link on music44 is security locked with 128 bit rca encryption and won't let you print it, which I think is a bit lame. But let your conscience guide you in deciding if you want to legally purchase a copy or not. Just letting you know that it is available. But only recently. I think it came online yesterday.

Archived