So, do these Ceriatone Marshall clones actually sound like the amps they emulate?

Angry Grimace

• Members

The Marshall Reissues, by and large, pale in comparison to the real thing. Anyone who has played a RI next to an original will most likely agree.

For real. They dont overdrive like a good JMP. They're super flubby, bright, and messy sounding in the mids IMO.

• Members

i have the 1987x
and love it
it's the best amp i could have for what i play
i also got nik to install the PPIMV and that really works wonders for lower volumes
i don't know how similar it is the an original or a reissue but it's a great amp
keep in mind after you put the amp in a box and ship it
it's not that cheap
mine was just short of $1000

• Members

I heard one; vintage tones without sounding overly compressed. They'll probably hold their value now that they're more well known too. HCAF members should almost get them on special for putting Ceriatone on the boutique map. There's still one in MY future!

• Members

The guy with the awesome Trainwreck vids (GLen Kuykendall) put a Ceriatone TRainwreck clone against his original and said it was pretty damn close.

I thought I read that he made an exact clone of his trainwreck. Im sure he used some ceriatone parts.. but all the components he used are the same brand/type that were in his real wreck.

Archived