I hate Road Ready rack cases

mparsons

• Members

Two reasons:

a) This is pretty minor but its an inconvenience for sure. On my EWI rack cases ( which are fantastic and very reasonably priced, can't recommend them higher ), the rack lid has the latches attached to the lid itself. This is good because when you're done getting the latch off, you're already holding onto the lid so it won't fall. The Road Ready has the latch on the case itself, which means you have to hold the lid and undo the latch. Not a huge issue but definitely a design flaw.

b) The handles. The {censored}ing handles.

rackargh.jpg

I know its hard to see, but they've imprinted "Road Ready" on the handles. It's not an indentation for each letter, but rather a big trench with raised lettering.

This means that whenever I'm done moving my rack case... my hands burn and are branded "ROAD READY".

:mad: What kind of poor design decision is that? Not to mention the 6U case costs $180, whereas the EWI one costs $110... the EWI is better thought out and a little sturdier perhaps.

That said, here's some more pictures of my rig!

rig01.jpg

rig02.jpg

rig04.jpg

rig05.jpg

rig.jpg

• Members
Two reasons:

b) The handles. The {censored}ing handles.

I know its hard to see, but they've imprinted "Road Ready" on the handles. It's not an indentation for each letter, but rather a big trench with raised lettering.

This means that whenever I'm done moving my rack case... my hands burn and are branded "ROAD READY".

LOL!! hahaha that's awesome :D

nice rig btw

• Members

Youch, thats one hell of a logo on the handles. The Dead Room isolation cabinets have Penn-Elcom handles on them however the penn-elcom logo isn't embossed that much. They should have thought of that.

There shouldn't be logos or anything but smooth padding where you're grabbing/lifting anything over 50lbs...

Archived