Brazillian Jiu Kitsu Vs. Muay Thai

riffy

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Be careful on that knee. Especially on checking kicks, and when you explode out of clinches.
:thu:

Let me know how you like it!

no not Thai....i know ill {censored} it up more doing that

im just going to get western boxing basics for a month or 2...then when my knee is better, resume BJJ at Renzo's and Muay THai and boxing at the Wat

• Members
no not Thai....i know ill {censored} it up more doing that

im just going to get western boxing basics for a month or 2...then when my knee is better, resume BJJ at Renzo's and Muay THai and boxing at the Wat

ahhhhhh, ok. I was about to :cry: for you.

If you can find it, there is a great "beginner basics" movie out, I downloaded it about 2 years ago for my Trainer.

I believe Teddy Atlas does it. Its very, very good. :thu:

• Members
hahahhaha...a ton of boxing workouts are conditioning hell....

funny part is, my trainer told me to run there, for a warm up. I live close....but i just moved here a week ago. I got {censored}in lost. its about 100 degrees here, and im running around for about a goddamn hour before i find it.

im a noob :cool:

• Members
funny part is, my trainer told me to run there, for a warm up. I live close....but i just moved here a week ago. I got {censored}in lost. its about 100 degrees here, and im running around for about a goddamn hour before i find it.

im a noob
:cool:

If you do a search for "Boxing Workouts"

I posted one here about a year ago, and it is pretty damn good. You might wanna look into it.

Also, getting hit sometimes will make you puke as your equilibrium gets a little jazzed. :thu:

• Members
If you do a search for "Boxing Workouts"

I posted one here about a year ago, and it is pretty damn good. You might wanna look into it.

Also, getting hit sometimes will make you puke as your equilibrium gets a little jazzed.

lawls...no way im ready for any of that

all i did today was this...

Rope for 10

pullups to fialure
dips to failure
*repeat for 4 sets of each

50 crunches

then just worked a couple basic combos, with slipping and weaving

after a few minutes of that i was done...

but this is after jogging a good 4 miles in 100 degree heat while i was looking for the place. I suspect I'll last longer next time.

I signed up for 3 training sessions per week

• Members
lawls...no way im ready for any of that

all i did today was this...

Rope for 10

pullups to fialure

dips to failure

*repeat for 4 sets of each

50 crunches

then just worked a couple basic combos, with slipping and weaving

after a few minutes of that i was done...

but this is after jogging a good 4 miles in 100 degree heat while i was looking for the place. I suspect I'll last longer next time.

I signed up for 3 training sessions per week

Another thing, Watch your weight. Youll shrink and shrivel fast if you dont watch out for it.

22G Muscle Milks are your new best friend :thu:

• Members
BJJ FTW. Anyone else here besides myself and Rear Naked train?

I did for 6 months and just thought it was the gayest {censored}in' thing ever.. I don't doubt these guys are tough, but man... Having some sweaty muscle bag sweating and grunting in my ear from behind while he 'pins' me down...

Dude... really.. was not my scene.. :wave:

I think it was the guys comparing pecs and biceps afterwards that kinda really turned me off..

• Members
I did for 6 months and just thought it was the gayest {censored}in' thing ever.. I don't doubt these guys are tough, but man... Having some sweaty muscle bag sweating and grunting in my ear from behind while he 'pins' me down...

Dude... really.. was not my scene..
:wave:

I think it was the guys comparing pecs and biceps afterwards that kinda really turned me off..

what the {censored} kinda gym where you training at?:confused:

• Members
Another thing, Watch your weight. Youll shrink and shrivel fast if you dont watch out for it.

22G Muscle Milks are your new best friend

well Iv always been chubby as an adult. Even when training BJJ 4-5 times a week.

Doin Muay Thai started to lean me up but the trainer left, so i had to stop

Im actually hoping that I will shrivel:)

thanks for the help my west coast bro

• Members
what the {censored} kinda gym where you training at?
:confused:

It was a BJJ place.. I think..
Maybe I took the wrong directions and ended up in a 'special purpose' gym..

:eek:

Wait, I do recall one occasion where the sweaty muscle guy behind me, while grinding me into the ground was grunting 'give it up, give it up, uh uh, yeah'..

Yah, was lots of flexing of pecs n {censored} afterwards by guys. Was a shame cos I got real fit real quick doing it..

• Members

Wait, I do recall one occasion where the sweaty muscle guy behind me, while grinding me into the ground was grunting 'give it up, give it up, uh uh, yeah'..

Yah, was lots of flexing of pecs n {censored} afterwards by guys. Was a shame cos I got real fit real quick doing it..

Those guys really do make it akward. I have been there before. Its like, alright dude, calm down. The animated people make it very, very weird to roll with. :freak:

• Members

:freak::freak::freak:

havnt experienced that yet lawlz

• Members
I think you might like Muay Thai more as it is far less frustrating. Especially BJJ in a Gi, damn is it frustrating. You slip up, or dont recognize a set-up from a higher ranked opponent and you land in something like a clock choke, or a {censored}in wrist lock. I know at first BJJ was really frustrating, especially since I was boxing far before I started a Ground game.

MT and Boxing is fun in the respect that you rarely ever find yourself landing into a bad trick. Reflexes, and just a muscle memory will go a great way. Almost as if you see your opponents right hand twitch, and your body has already started to slip, or throwing a quick jab to at least, take some steam off his punch.

When I head to NYC soon, Im gonna have to Bring my stuff, I would love to roll, maybe light spar in a ring. Itd be good times.

MT is gonna make you look all cut, youll need a nickname like STONE KILLER hahahaha

LOL im used to the Gi at this point. I was kinda frustrated at first...still get that way sometimes...but i think it has something to do with my size:freak: 5'5'' 130lbs:idea:

let me know when you're comin up

• Members
LOL im used to the Gi at this point. I was kinda frustrated at first...still get that way sometimes...but i think it has something to do with my size:freak: 5'5'' 130lbs:idea:

let me know when you're comin up

Damn your perfect size, you quick little guys.

Im 6'2" 190 now.

Gi still makes me :mad: sometimes. I havent rolled with a white belt since my first week though. I usually roll with the better guys, as much as I can anyways.

and earning a belt from D.C. is near impossible. Thats all I know. Im about to set myself on fire and roll with a grizzly nude to prove myself.:cry:

Ill definately let ya know when I head up. Keep us posted how you like it!:cool:

• Members
Damn your perfect size, you quick little guys.

Im 6'2" 190 now.

Gi still makes me
:mad:
sometimes. I havent rolled with a white belt since my first week though. I usually roll with the better guys, as much as I can anyways.

and earning a belt from D.C. is near impossible. Thats all I know. Im about to set myself on fire and roll with a grizzly nude to prove myself.
:cry:

Ill definately let ya know when I head up. Keep us posted how you like it!
:cool:

Lol us little {censored}ers are hard to hold down. slippery little worms

i have an easier time holding down bigger guys than guys my size

how long have you been in BJJ?

• Members

Lol us little {censored}ers are hard to hold down. slippery little worms

i have an easier time holding down bigger guys than guys my size

how long have you been in BJJ?

3 and a half, 2 years taking it real serious.

Still a white bitch. My brother is thousand times better than me, and hes still a white too. I was talking to a guy at my gym, hes actually our head trainer whose a purple. Took him 6 years to get his purple, and 4 to get to blue. Hes flippin real good too.

• Members

Lol that was funny. I think I spotted some broken glass stuck to the MT kittehs wraps.

It must have been an early UFC because there was no weight class.

I just booked my tickets for Japan. And it turns out the guy who is showing me around is a black belt. Not sure what discipline (got it second hand from my GF) but it was pretty funny.

He is the Japan based repair tech for the company I work at (my GF was talking to him as she is the US repairs). he knows we are vacationing there and he asked her:

"Does your boyfriend like martial arts? I can show him around the dojos and we can watch some fights. Also does he like to drink? I can give him a tour of the bars."

When she told me that I was...WTF? AWESOME!!

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEESSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Members

3 and a half, 2 years taking it real serious.

Still a white bitch. My brother is thousand times better than me, and hes still a white too. I was talking to a guy at my gym, hes actually our head trainer whose a purple. Took him 6 years to get his purple, and 4 to get to blue. Hes flippin real good too.

4 years for blue {censored}kkkk

i got mine in 1 year

Im excited to see how i fair with the blues at renzos. Iv only had one match at blue...at the PanAms. I lost by a point, because I dont have a great understanding of the tourney point system...but i should have won that match and it made me feel like i belonged in that division. Im certainly at the bottom of the blues...but a still I think im a true blue

id love to roll or spar when you come up. that would be sweet

• Members

Emel,

Since i plan on going on to MT after I get some months of pure boxing, im wondering about the transition.

I know that the stance and hand position are totally different...

Do you feel that you can still punch as hard, and defend as well as you can whenever you are in a pure boxing stance and position?

Ive worked with a few MT guys on the pads.maybe these guys were exceptions,but their punches were more arm-punch like...

their kicks were brutal, but they werent bringing the heat with the hands. Do you think that is normal for a MT guy?

Archived