Another new clip! ( Parker+VHT+ENGL )

mparsons

• Members

What kind of pickups there in that Parker? My Mark IV is INCREDIBLY picky when it comes to wood/pickups/resonance, especially concerning the degree of thickness/saturation. The Hamer with the Invader in it sounds huge and chunky as hell, and the Schecter with a blaze sounds relatively weak and thin. My Parker P44 with the Bill Lawrence sounds kinda trebly and unpleasant. Anyway that might be it.

The string gauge definitely makes a difference too. Thicker strings = beefier tone. I think the pickups affect such things more, but the strings definitely make a difference.

• Members

This one definitely sounds better with the bass in it. I still think you are using a touch too many mids, but playing in D standard would definitely thicken things up. Maybe a different mic position would help out?

• Members

D standard? I tend to 10-52, they feel nice and don't seem so thin sounding to me. I like a loose string, wouldn't do 11s.

I've used 11-56 for years, and I love it. I've got a pretty aggressive picking hand and the tighter strings provide the perfect response.

• Members
Man, if you think your P-44 plays nice, you need to get a real one. I've played a P-42 and it was very nice, but the Nitefly DOMINATES it.

P44 > P42 :cop:

But yeah. I'm definitely looking at another parker when I want to go for a high-dollar 6 string. I wish they made 7s though :(

• Members
P44 > P42
:cop:

But yeah. I'm definitely looking at another parker when I want to go for a high-dollar 6 string. I wish they made 7s though
:(

Me too. I used to have a P42, it was a great guitar for the money. I want to try a P44.

• Members
P44 > P42
:cop:

But yeah. I'm definitely looking at another parker when I want to go for a high-dollar 6 string. I wish they made 7s though
:(

Yeah... Parkers are pretty limited in terms of actual variation in the models. They've got a bolt on 22 fret, a neck thru 24 fret, a nylon electro-acoustic, and a regular electro-acoustic.

Archived