Anyone know where I can get ahold of the EBMM Petrucci pickups? (7 string version)

JoshuaLogan

• Members

I'm switching to playing 7 strings now and I'm selling my bare knuckle set, and I might just order a new 7 string set from them, but I remember liking the pickups in the musicman petrucci guitar I had... I wouldn't mind getting a pair of those to use.

Does anywhere sell them now? Or is still the only way to get them is to get lucky and find them on ebay or something?

Know anybody selling them? Maybe I should check sevenstring.org or something...

• Members

air norton and d sonic 7 strings???

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DiMarzio-DP706-D-Sonic-7String-Pickup?sku=309386

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DiMarzio-DP793-Air-Norton-7String-Pickup?sku=302754

obviously not from MF(its MF and they are both back ordered)

edit: true what NaturalBornBoy said about being customs but im pretty sure thats what they are based on

• Members

air norton and d sonic 7 strings???

obviously not from MF(its MF and they are both back ordered)

edit: true what NaturalBornBoy said about being customs but im pretty sure thats what they are based on

I'm pretty sure they're not the same. Well, I guess the D-Sonic is since he's using that now, but I didn't have the D-Sonic on mine... I had the older bridge pickup. And although the neck pickup is probably based on the air norton, I don't think it's the same thing. pretty sure it's special for his guitars

• Members

Yeah, but obviously something was different you know? Otherwise they would just use those exact pickups. Unless they tried to make them mysterious like that just so people would have more of a reason to buy the guitars, maybe? which is possible... lol

• Members

Good luck with that one

Signature guitars like that have custom pickups that you just can't buy, and the ones they say will get you close just don't get you close enough

When I had my Wolfgang, Dimarzio said that the pups were basically a tone zone/ air norton combo. Well, I bought a set for another guitar and eventually put the tone zone in the Wolfgang for sh*ts and giggles... and it sounded NOTHING like the original:freak:

I can't believe MusicMan guitars won't sell parts fron signature guitars:mad:

• Members

Good luck with that one

Signature guitars like that have custom pickups that you just can't buy, and the ones they say will get you close just don't get you close enough

When I had my Wolfgang, Dimarzio said that the pups were basically a tone zone/ air norton combo. Well, I bought a set for another guitar and eventually put the tone zone in the Wolfgang for sh*ts and giggles... and it sounded NOTHING like the original:freak:

I can't believe MusicMan guitars won't sell parts fron signature guitars:mad:

DiMarzio should just release a sig JP pickup set. That'll be a hot seller for sure.

• Members
+1. I want to send my Parker/DiMarzio pups off to DiMarzio Corp for a rewind to the JP specs.

Cool. Let us know how that goes :)

Seriously though, Vai has his Evo, Evo2 and Breed sets, Satch has his Mo' Joe and Paf Joe sets and I'm not a JP fanboy by any means but if they can do it for Vai and Satch, why not JP ? If the neck pup of his Music Man guitars are custom wound pups then just release them as a new pup already.

• Members
Cool. Let us know how that goes
:)

Seriously though, Vai has his Evo, Evo2 and Breed sets, Satch has his Mo' Joe and Paf Joe sets and I'm not a JP fanboy by any means but if they can do it for Vai and Satch, why not JP ? If the neck pup of his Music Man guitars are custom wound pups then just release them as a new pup already.

man, your avatar honestly looks like JP sort of :freak:

• Members
Gonna be hard to find cos' as far as I know, they only come stock with the guitars

Yep ernie balls do that. The Pups in my Silhoutte are specially designed Dimarzio's for EB. I loved them, called them up and asked if I could get them. NOPE.

Archived