guitar/amp equivalent to ez drummer for drums?

dustin//

• Members

just started using ezdrummer & its extensions to play back midi drums i write in guitar pro by using cubase...

is there something similar i could use to play back midi guitars that i write in guitar pro? any vst/plug ins i could just load into guitar pro?

not sure if this is even possible......and i tried the search function on this forum and didn't find much, so sorry if this question has been asked/answered a bunch.

• Members

There was a thing by Steinberg...Virtual Guitarist or something to that effect but it wasn't well reviewed. If memory serves there was an acoustic version and an electric version.

I also know that a newer company called Notion Software has released something which SOUNDED kind of similar but I may be wrong. It's called Progression and it has the tab software built in it I believe.

Either way...it's a daunting task with all of the various ways to phrase a guitar...

• Members

There was a thing by Steinberg...Virtual Guitarist or something to that effect but it wasn't well reviewed. If memory serves there was an acoustic version and an electric version.

I also know that a newer company called Notion Software has released something which SOUNDED kind of similar but I may be wrong. It's called Progression and it has the tab software built in it I believe.

Either way...it's a daunting task with all of the various ways to phrase a guitar...

interesting. yeah i could see why the program would be a hassle to develop, but it seems like there is a decent market for it...

was hoping revalver or one of those type of programs could do it.......

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Progression will do what you're looking for...midi import and .wav export. You may need to do some slight "tweeking" on the guitar articulations, but Progression does a great job working in this fashion. ESPECIALLY for those of us who don't want to spend three hours trying to track that "sweet" guitar riff.

Hope this helps....feel free to email me if you have any questions.

-Kyle

Archived