Thinking about maybe Mark III or 5150 as poweramp for Axe-FX...?

JoshuaLogan

• Members

I need to get something to use as a poweramp for the Axe-FX for playing live through my cab, and I was just thinking a VHT poweramp for a while, but because of their price, I'm also considering maybe getting something like a Mark III or a 5150... because then I could use the Axe-FX with the amp's poweramp, but I'd also have a decent, not too expensive amp around... might be better than just having a dedicated poweramp like a VHT...

What do you think?

• Members

I need to get something to use as a poweramp for the Axe-FX for playing live through my cab, and I was just thinking a VHT poweramp for a while, but because of their price, I'm also considering maybe getting something like a Mark III or a 5150... because then I could use the Axe-FX with the amp's poweramp, but I'd also have a decent, not too expensive amp around... might be better than just having a dedicated poweramp like a VHT...

What do you think?

If it were me, I would just get something like a Mesa 2:90 used for like $650 so I could have it all secured in a single rack.

• Members

If it were me, I would just get something like a Mesa 2:90 used for like $650 so I could have it all secured in a single rack.

+1, although the Mesa might color your sound a bit more than, say a VHT 2/90/2, which wouldn't be so desirable for the Axe-FX.

• Members

you could the VHT for about the same price... seen both the 2/50/2 and 2/90/2 sell for around $700 on ebay before. but that's also about the same price as a 5150... and it might be useful to have a 5150 around... obviously it's not as neat or easy to move, but I don't know...

Archived