Need help fixing java... this site's buttons

JoshuaLogan

• Members

Okay, so I downloaded java the other day, because this computer is fairly new and hasn't had it installed. Well, it keeps messing up... applets won't load entirely, or freeze up so that i can't click anything in them... clicking just does nothing.

The same time this happened, all the buttons on this site disappeaered... the New Post, Quote, Edit, etc. buttons... they're all missing. The only way I was able to post this was going into firefox's Page Info thing and finding the New Post link there and copy and pasting it.

Can anybody help me fix java and get the buttons back working? I'm not even sure how java would effect those buttons but it did somehow...

• Members

when that happens to me its because i've done something like block images from *.harmony-central.com.

as far as java not working, that's normal. it's not supposed to work, it's only meant to provide employment for middling programmers.

• Members

well i'm not running the adblock extension... i don't have any extentions/add-ons installed. just basic firefox 2.0, until i added the newest version of java runtime from the main site. when i try to open the java console from the tools menu in firefox, it opens but it freezes up and i can't do anythign with it, same thing that happens when any java games or apps open... they just freeze up and i can't click anything, and the buttons on this site disappeared the same time... I tried uninstalling and reinstalling java and nothing is working.

Here is what happened basically:

1. Tried to play a game (www.scrabulous.com yeah, scrabble) that needed Java. Firefox didn't seem to detect Java Runtime Environment.

2. It said additional plugins are required to display the media on this page...

3. I clicked the button to "Install missing plugins"

It then presents Plugin Finder Service with "Available Plugin Downloads" of Java Runtime Environment with checkbox ticked.

2. I clicked "next", at which point it completes saying

No plugins were installed

Java Runtime Environment failed with "Manual Install" button...

Clicking said button gave me executeable xpiinstall.exe from http://sdlc-esd.sun.com

3. Tried the game again and it loaded graphically but was completely frozen and unfunctional.

4. Then I noticed the buttons were gone on this site and everything has been messed up since.

• Members

Okay, so tried a bunch of {censored}. I restored XP back to before I installed the newest java and uninstalled firefox and reinstalled it and the buttons are still missing on this website. It's ONLY on this site and ONLY with Firefox. I opened up HCAF in Internet Explorer to see if they showed there and they do. So, what the {censored}?

p.s. I hate you if you read this and say nothing :)

Archived