My dad throws a fit over a Pentagram...

Numb Sensitive

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
How about mutual respect for beliefs and exercising tolerance? Oh wait, we are talking about a religious freak here.... It's very childish to take the stance, "I am offended by an ancient symbol on your T-shirt so your can't come into my house."

What a {censored}ing joke.
:lol:

dude tolerance is for public places.. no one has to tolerate {censored} in their own house if they don't want to...

my house, my rules.. it's not that hard

• Members
How about mutual respect for beliefs and exercising tolerance? Oh wait, we are talking about a religious freak here.... It's very childish to take the stance, "I am offended by an ancient symbol on your T-shirt so your can't come into my house."

What a {censored}ing joke.
:lol:

What is your address? I want to come over and piss on your bed and then take a dump on your dinner table since you won't be offended.

• Members

I bet I'm the only one over 30 who has posted in the thread so far.

You insulted your father's faith with your attire. The symbol on your shirt represents the exact opposite of what your father believes in. How can you not see how offensive that would be to him? What is possibly worst about the whole thing is that Slayer are the biggest bunch of poseurs ever when it comes to all that Satanic imagery they parade around in because none of them believe it anyway. It's all an image to them.

If you know your father reads the Bible and goes to church, then you knew that Satanic imagery, even douchebag pseudo-satanic imagery like on your shirt, would be offensive to him. What did you think would happen?

First of all, only people in the mid-west still believe that psudo-christian nonsense about pentagrams being satanic symbols. The PMRC called and want their tampons back.

Secondly, he's your dad. If you're respect and consideration for him is lower then the value you give a piece of fabric (probably made in China), there's some deeper issues that need to be discussed. If it was your house, fine, but you're in his home, show some respect.

-W

• Members

What if? They did abuse it. This is fact. The Catholic church is the result. What is your point?

Well, a lot of people say that people are abusing religions when they do such things, but no one ever stops to think that maybe religions were initially created for that very purpose. I'm just trying to bring that idea into the discussion.

• Members
Slayer may be posers, but at least they don't rape children and cover it up, or fool people into spending money on spiritual healing. You should think for a moment about how you could be viewed as a douche bag with lots of tacky worthless imagery aswell, the cross necklace and bible is all an image in a way too you know.

:cop:

Oh and, I don't think many religious people believe the {censored} they spew either. And you know I'm right.

:D

WOW!!!!

Now I almost always stay out of religious discussions, but your blatant hatred of christianity is no better than that of which you speak.

Sorry Bro, but hating like that is not healthy, YES I consider myself a Christian, but by a completely different set of standards than most. I "TRY" to not judge people by their beliefs, clothing, tattoes (which I have), etc... I think it's VERY UNchristian to judge people. It's not our place to judge anyone. Granted there are people I think are assholes, but if I come to that conclusion it's usually because they have forced me to not like them, do I HATE them? no, but I wont associate with them. Do I associate with no-christians, athiests, people of other faiths? ALWAYS, almost ALL of my friends are either Athiest, or just plain non-believers, and other faiths, it's not my place to tell them they are wrong.

It really disappoints me, the hatred and bias thrown around here on this forum towards Christains.

We are not all child molesting, money grubbing, hypocrites. :thu:

• Members

anyone notice how when you go to the supermarket - you always seem to get the cart with the one rogue wheel that goes waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy -------------over here and {censored}!?

I mean WTF!>!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!?!!!!?1?!?!?!

• Members

dude tolerance is for public places.. no one has to tolerate {censored} in their own house if they don't want to...

my house, my rules.. it's not that hard

You know, a lot of racists have the same concept.

Maybe if you were dying from cancer he would have acted differently....or maybe not...depends on how "die hard" he was on that particular day.

• Members
Actually, there is a lot of animal sacrifice in the Bible.

plus the devil is usually portrayed as a goat

I would think it could be a good bonding experience for christians to slaughter goats more often

oh and not to JonD - but spelling nazi again - it's Atheist, not "athiest"
:o

• Members

What is your address? I want to come over and piss on your bed and then take a dump on your dinner table
since you won't be offended

I am offended by your mere existence. And since I am an Atheist I am sure this feeling is mutual.

• Members

Didn't read the other posts, but if it's his house, it's his rules. If he doesn't like like your shirt, you should remove it, even though you may not want to. Still need to respect the 'rents because they probably did a ton for you growing up.

• Members
WOW!!!!

Now I almost always stay out of religious discussions, but your blatant hatred of christianity is no better than that of which you speak.

Sorry Bro, but hating like that is not healthy, YES I consider myself a Christian, but by a completely different set of standards than most. I "TRY" to not judge people by their beliefs, clothing, tattoes (which I have), etc... I think it's VERY UNchristian to judge people. It's not our place to judge anyone. Granted there are people I think are assholes, but if I come to that conclusion it's usually because they have forced me to not like them, do I HATE them? no, but I wont associate with them. Do I associate with no-christians, athiests, people of other faiths? ALWAYS, almost ALL of my friends are either Athiest, or just plain non-believers, and other faiths, it's not my place to tell them they are wrong.

It really disappoints me, the hatred and bias thrown around here on this forum towards Christains.

We are not all child molesting, money grubbing, hypocrites.
:thu:

The thing is though, the reason why I hate christians is because they hate me. As childish as the phrase "they started it" sounds, it's actually the only way to put it. I didn't start disliking christians as soon as I became and athiest, it was the combination of the hundreds of times I've been screwed over by christians because I'm an athiest. I go to a catholic high school, you're just going to have to trust me, some of the stuff they do to non christians is unbelievable. They're trying to force christianity on everyone who goes to the school so hard it's sickening. I'm also forced to take religion classes, where they give me {censored}ty marks on everything I do regardless of how respectful I am when I state what I believe in and why I do. I had a religion teacher told the class that John Lenon deserved to die because he spoke out against christianity. He also said that God "takes care of people who do stuff like that, like how he did with John Lenon".

• Members

The thing is though, the reason why I hate christians is because they hate me. As childish as the phrase "they started it" sounds, it's actually the only way to put it. I didn't start disliking christians as soon as I became and athiest, it was the combination of the hundreds of times I've been screwed over by christians because I'm an athiest. I go to a catholic high school, you're just going to have to trust me, some of the stuff they do to non christians is unbelievable. They're trying to force christianity on everyone who goes to the school so hard it's sickening. I'm also forced to take religion classes, where they give me {censored}ty marks on everything I do regardless of how respectful I am when I state what I believe in and why I do.
I had a religion teacher told the class that John Lenon deserved to die because he spoke out against christianity
. He also said that God "takes care of people who do stuff like that, like how he did with John Lenon".

To be fair - not all christians are like that

far too many are - but many aren't

one of the most open-minded, tolerant, nicest guys I've ever met was a minister for 15 years

• Members
WOW!!!!

We are not all child molesting, money grubbing, hypocrites.
:thu:

Do you have any earthly idea how much bull{censored} a young teenage Atheist goes through in America? Especially the south? If you were in my shoes you would have a WHOLE completely different outlook on "being offended".

Have you ever had a family member enjoy the thought of you burning in hell and make it very clear to you that they want you to suffer for eternity? Of course you haven't...

• Members

The thing is though, the reason why I hate christians is because they hate me. As childish as the phrase "they started it" sounds, it's actually the only way to put it. I didn't start disliking christians as soon as I became and athiest, it was the combination of the hundreds of times I've been screwed over by christians because I'm an athiest. I go to a catholic high school, you're just going to have to trust me, some of the stuff they do to non christians is unbelievable. They're trying to force christianity on everyone who goes to the school so hard it's sickening. I'm also forced to take religion classes, where they give me {censored}ty marks on everything I do regardless of how respectful I am when I state what I believe in and why I do.
I had a religion teacher told the class that John Lenon deserved to die because he spoke out against christianity
. He also said that God "takes care of people who do stuff like that, like how he did with John Lenon".

The first problem is you are young. I was in your exact same boat. I went to a Christian high school when I was growing up and I had almost identical experiences.

When you get a bit older and quit trying to piss on your school's Wheaties, you might change your tune and realize that kids suck and teachers (all of them) aren't much more mature than the kids they teach.

• Members

Do you have any earthly idea how much bull{censored} a young teenage Atheist goes through in America? Especially the south? If you were in my shoes you would have a WHOLE completely different outlook on "being offended".

Have you ever had a family member enjoy the thought of you burning in hell and make it very clear to you that they want you to suffer for eternity? Of course you haven't...

Again, you are young and emotional. The older you get, the wiser you *might* become.

I now think of you quite a bit differently now that I know you just got some pubes.

Archived