Let's talk purity for a second

Dark Angel

• Members

So, this weekend i'm at DropThisD's plugging into his Two Rock. I start on the clean channel, fiddle around a little unimpressed until I decide to see how it distorts. Oooooooh! Very plexi... just better. OK, let's crank it way up on 100 watts. :eek: Add boost:eek::eek:

Mind you, this was all on the clean channel.

This was the purest high gain sound I've heard. It was ridiculous. It was as if you took that "verge of breakup" sound and took it all the way without getting the hiss, spit, compression... nothing like that at all. As we experimented it became clear this was very dependent on volume. The being cranked was a big part of the sound. Mind you, this was brutal, not some faux high gain.

So, what's the purest gain you've heard. Immediately eliminate boogie, VHT, Splawn, all the other {censored} we've all heard because they are nothing when it comes to the purity I am talking about. Marshalls and fenders are likewise crap.

So?

• Members
So, this weekend i'm at DropThisD's plugging into his Two Rock. I start on the clean channel, fiddle around a little unimpressed until I decide to see how it distorts. Oooooooh! Very plexi... just better. OK, let's crank it way up on 100 watts.
:eek:
Add boost:eek:

This was the purest high gain sound I've heard. It was ridiculous. It was as if you took that "verge of breakup" sound and took it
all the way
without getting the hiss, spit, compression... nothing like that at all. As we experimented it became clear this was very dependent on volume. The being cranked was a big part of the sound. Mind you, this was brutal, not some faux high gain.

So, what's the purest gain you've heard. Immediately eliminate boogie, VHT, Splawn, all the other {censored} we've all heard because they are nothing when it comes to the purity I am talking about. Marshalls and fenders are likewise crap.

So?

You should post this on TGP, I've love to read the responses :thu:

• Members

:poke:

• Members
So, this weekend i'm at DropThisD's plugging into his Two Rock. I start on the clean channel, fiddle around a little unimpressed until I decide to see how it distorts. Oooooooh! Very plexi... just better. OK, let's crank it way up on 100 watts.
Add boost:eek:

This was the purest high gain sound I've heard. It was ridiculous. It was as if you took that "verge of breakup" sound and took it
all the way
without getting the hiss, spit, compression... nothing like that at all. As we experimented it became clear this was very dependent on volume. The being cranked was a big part of the sound. Mind you, this was brutal, not some faux high gain.

So?

Hawhawhaw, yeah it is just better than every sound put out by all the Marshalls, Boogies, and Fenders we've all loved on recording and in concert for years, and what we previously thought was good is now gabage, yaddah, yaddah, yaddah, :blah::blah::blah:.

For that type of dough they can keep their purity. There ain't nothing pure about rock n roll in the first place. I'll keep my tones like I like my rawk, hissing, spitting, down and dirty, and they can keep their Two Rocks and pound them up their asses at that price point. :rawk:

• Members
For that type of dough they can keep their purity. There ain't nothing pure about rock n roll in the first place. I'll keep my tones like I like my rawk, hissing, spitting, down and dirty, and they can keep their Two Rocks and pound them up their asses at that price point.
:rawk:

I agree about the price... which is why I wonder what else is out there, reason being that yes, the purity of the tone was so crazy it stimulated me into a panic attack... swear to {censored}ing god.

• Members
I heard Slipknot recorded the song "Purity" with a Dumble Overdrive Special boosted with teh Boss Metalcore pedal :poke:

:freak: My God are you serious, or have I missed the sarcasm? :confused:
If that's true they should be banned from making music as that bastardization of a Dumble amp is sickening.

• Members
:freak:
My God are you serious, or have I missed the sarcasm?
:confused:
If that's true they should be banned from making music as that bastardization of a Dumble amp is sickening.

Actually if thats true, thats the best thing Slipknot ever did..

• Members

I agree about the price... which is why I wonder what else is out there, reason being that yes, the purity of the tone was so crazy it stimulated me into a panic attack... swear to {censored}ing god.

My buddies Ampeg VT22 was so pure it could crack your balls in half, but that doesn't mean it didn't make a little noise when run hot. Still, I don't think anything will ever top the jack hammer like punch that amp laid out, I don't care how expensive it is. I guess I'd just have to hear one, and see for myself.

• Members
My God are you serious, or have I missed the sarcasm?
:confused:

What the bloody {censored} are you talking about? Dumbles are bastard amps made by a complete bastard.

• Members
The wrong thing about my post is that on TGP what I said is regarded as correct and worth the money

Nothing like needing a $2000 box to make your $200 pedal sound good through your $10,000 dollar amp. :freak:

I guess if you got the money to piss away though, more power to ya. :idk:

Archived