Bill Lawrence XL500????

MattACaster

• Members

Well I had the L-500XL. Are you referring to this one or is there a XL500? Anyway I thought the L-500xl was bright, but still had good chunk and articulation. Very quiet, becasue its encased in epoxy. I liked it in my mahogony guitar, but I didnt try it in any other guitars.

• Members

Well I had the L-500XL. Are you referring to this one or is there a XL500? Anyway I thought the L-500xl was bright, but still had good chunk and articulation. Very quiet, becasue its encased in epoxy. I liked it in my mahogony guitar, but I didnt try it in any other guitars.

On the back is says...

Lawrence

Pickup XL500 Bridge

• Members

Does it say "Bill Lawrence U.S.A." on the front? If that's the one then I have one as well, an L-500XL. They're OK, very hot and good articulation but a bit too ice-picky for me. I'm probably going to be getting rid of mine at some point.

• Members

Super high output, very quiet, very bright, remarkable sustain. I have trouble getting a totally clean sound from the bridge with most tube amps. Oddly enough they sound fantastic in single coil mode - better than any other humbucker I've used.

• Members

Oddly enough they sound fantastic in single coil mode - better than any other humbucker I've used.

I'd have to disagree here... they sound OK split, but I've never heard a better split coil tone than the Blaze in my Ibanez 7-string. Just sayin

• Members

Does it say "Bill Lawrence U.S.A." on the front? If that's the one then I have one as well, an L-500XL. They're OK, very hot and good articulation but a bit too ice-picky for me. I'm probably going to be getting rid of mine at some point.

Nope. It says nothing on the front.

• Members

I have one that is made by the guy who isn't Bill Lawrence.

I have had both and they are both good pickups and very similar, but I think the one you got is better.

Try it out, but be ready for the extended treble. I found rolling down the tone a bit yielded really good results, or maybe try it with 250k Ohm tone pots..

• Members

I don't think they started printing on the face of the pickups until a few years ago.

• Members

I have had both and they are both good pickups and very similar, but I think the one you got is better.

Try it out, but be ready for the extended treble. I found rolling down the tone a bit yielded really good results, or maybe try it with 250k Ohm tone pots..

Really?

I'm building a partscaster but I don't think I want that in the bridge of it. Maybe I'll grab an Agile LP or something and drop it in there...

Archived