A Guide to Reaper and EZDrummer Pt II ( 56K watch out )

mparsons

• Members
It's cool man, whatever makes you happy
:)
I know you're a big POD fan. I like mine for what it does, which is provide me with a good high-gain sound sitting in front of my computer, as well as being able to do recordings decently with little effort. Live, I never got along with it.

yes, for quickie "in front of the computer" recording of ideas the Pod cannot be beat. I also use it live for clean tones connected to PA (a/b between Triple Rec and Pod). It works great for that as well.

Probably best bang for the buck I've ever spent on musical equipment.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Achieving good drum sounds with ezdrummer is not really rocket science, here is an instrumental cover song I did using ezdrummer and a simple bass soundfont in fruity loops, then everything put into Sonar and guitars recorded. Nothing else, also this was done with the Basic kit in ezdrummer and not the drumkit from hell expansion.

http://boomp3.com/listen/c17hf71oj_a/unknown-artist-01-crushcrushcrush

Heres the song I was covering, for comparison.

ei8hPkyJ0bU&fmt=18

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Maybe a kind of noobish question here but how do I actually record the drums?

I've got the drums set up and when I drag and drop a groove in I get playback from the drums and I can mix the drums, but when I actually hit record no go.

• Members

Holy hell man, this is awesome. I just now tried to use those impulses you gave me. (almost 2 months later) :facepalm: I got Voxengo like you said, it's in the plugin folder that all my other plugins are in, and Reaper isn't picking it up for some reason. Any ideas? You can pm me if you'd like this to stay strictly ezdrummer. :thu:

• Members

I've got Voxengo Boogex in C:/Program Files/Reaper/Plugins/VoxengoBoogex.dll . Look in Preferences ( Ctrl+P ), VST Plugins, and make sure that the path VoxengoBoogex.dll is in is included in that directory box.

Remember when you're using it, to set the four "Amp" knobs to 0. Tone, Drive, Phase, and something else.

Archived