Is it bad??

Chrisjd

• Members

I enjoy a screaming baby. It's life. It's precious.

Most parents want to shut the kid up at the very first sign....training the child that it will always get what it wants automatically. Just scream loud enough...BAM! There it is. Sometimes you DON'T get what you want, and learning that as an infant is good.
I'm not saying abuse a child's needs, or that an infant doesn't need comforting....just that sometimes it just growing pains.
My child's crying at night was music to my ears. How wonderful it was to hear it, then soon pick her up and walk around the house in the middle of the night. Just me, and this precious, non-understanding life.

We were all infants once...is it nice to know they *probably* didn't use duct tape on ya?

• Members

I enjoy a screaming baby. It's life. It's precious.

Most parents want to shut the kid up at the very first sign....training the child that it will always get what it wants automatically. Just scream loud enough...BAM! There it is. Sometimes you DON'T get what you want, and learning that as an infant is good.

I'm not saying abuse a child's needs, or that an infant doesn't need comforting....just that sometimes it just growing pains.

My child's crying at night was music to my ears. How wonderful it was to hear it, then soon pick her up and walk around the house in the middle of the night. Just me, and this precious, non-understanding life.

We were all infants once...is it nice to know they *probably* didn't use duct tape on ya?

AHAAHAHAH, gotta love the "music to my ears" part.

• Members

I was on a plane to Puero Vallarta last Saturday, and there was htis little girl, maybe 2 years old. The companies policy was that 2 years old: Must sit in their own seat.

Well, this kid sounded the guts of hell were coming out of her. I mean, like The Exorcist kind of sounds, for like 3 minutes. And her folks just sat there, not wanting to put her in her seat....

She eventually did, but all I could htink about was that if it had been me, my Mom would have strapped me in, but only after giving me a sharp thumping on my behind....

-Curtis

• Members
I read somewhere that babies screaming are supposed to be one of the worst unbearable sounds on purpose
:idk:
you aren't really supposed to ignore it. And yeah, it's {censored}ing unbearable.

You "heard". Form whom?

Like I said....I'm not saying to completely ignore it always. And I'm no expert, but I *AM* a parent. And we didn't stick a bottle in her mouth everytime she raised her voice. She SEEMS fine. so :idk:

BTW...it most assuredly ISN'T the most enbearable sound ever. I can think of dozens. Cookie monster vocals MUCH WORSE! Some of ya'll's clips are worse. :p

• Members
I was on a plane to Puero Vallarta last Saturday, and there was htis little girl, maybe 2 years old. The companies policy was that 2 years old: Must sit in their own seat.

Well, this kid sounded the guts of hell were coming out of her. I mean, like The Exorcist kind of sounds, for like 3 minutes. And her folks just sat there, not wanting to put her in her seat....

She eventually did, but all I could htink about was that if it had been me, my Mom would have strapped me in, but only after giving me a sharp thumping on my behind....

-Curtis

thats what they make childrens benadryl for...:wave:

• Members
....that whenever I hear a baby screaming and making incredibly unpleasant, screeching noises, i get angry and want to duct tape its mouth shut??
:confused:

Just don't let mama hear you say some {censored} like that. I feel that there is some inherent deep viceral trait that has some people freak out at the sound of a baby screeching and crying. In fact so much so that some actually do kill, mame, and cause injury to infants. "Shaken baby Syndrome". Just realize it is the only means the little rug rat has to communicate. I am hungry, I am cold, I am sad, I am lonesome, I am hurting, I am hot..etc...
Just be patient with them, a man without patience lives in hell.;)

• Members
Just don't let mama hear you say some {censored} like that. I feel that there is some inherent deep viceral trait that has some people freak out at the sound of a baby screeching and crying. In fact so much so that some actually do kill, mame, and cause injury to infants. "Shaken baby Syndrome". Just realize it is the only means the little rug rat has to communicate. I am hungry, I am cold, I am sad, I am lonesome, I am hurting, I am hot..etc...

Just be patient with them, a man without patience lives in hell.
;)

No lie, I hear them sometimes and it makes me feel insanely pissed off and agitated.

When I remember that it is "just a baby afterall" is when I can remove myself from it and be less bothered by it....:lol::facepalm:

Archived