VHT Sig:X and S2 Soundclip!

Tommi Inkila

• Members

Hi,

I got a chance to test and record Sig:X... I didn't have much time so I worked quickly with the settings at low volume, reused/rewrited lot of my old riffs and licks and ended up getting the following tune:

http://www.scenerychannel.com/Tommi%20Inkila%20-%20RNO.mp3

I used some EQ afterwards to make it fit the mix better. Also, this was the first time I used programmed S2.

I hope you like it! :)

• Members

sounds great man, great playing and tones. enjoyed that :thu:

Sounds great. I sold my sigx because I had a hard time keeping it tight on my 7string, but it obviously sounds awesome in this context.

Great playing too.
:thu:

isn't that a bummer, there were some great amps I've owned that just didn't handle the low B right to my ears. Almost makes me wish I didn't love 7 strings sometimes. :cry:

• Members

Badass. But like what Maleficio said it could use some work.

Thanks!

There's definately room for work but on the other hand this was 3 hour test and mix. The reason I mixed lead lower every now and then was to emphasize rhythm tone and more importantly to hide some playing :) My intention was to make a quick soundclip without too much mixing... I'd play and change tones for everything now that I know how the tune goes, cut some 300hz and put back some 1kHz-2kHz... but I'd keep the Satriani :D Plus open up the amp a bit more.

• Members
Thanks!

There's definately room for work but on the other hand this was 3 hour test and mix. The reason I mixed lead lower every now and then was to emphasize rhythm tone and more importantly to hide some playing
:)
My intention was to make a quick soundclip without too much mixing... I'd play and change tones for everything now that I know how the tune goes, cut some 300hz and put back some 1kHz-2kHz... but I'd keep the Satriani
:D
Plus open up the amp a bit more.

For sure. Way better than I could do. And I definitely want one of those Sig:X heads now.

• Members

For sure. Way better than I could do. And I definitely want one of those Sig:X heads now.

Thanks... quality recording equipment helps a lot.

I will probably do a slightly more mixed version, but I don't want to go for too polished version since then it loses a bit of the idea of how the amp sounds.

• Members

I don,t post here very often, but that sir was some very nice playing and very cool tone. I,m also a proud Sig X owner, and I was wondering if you would,nt mind posting your settings on the amp for that clip? Thanks alot for the clip too, keep it up!

• Members

Sounds cool, I actually just sold mine.
:D
went for the Axe-FX.
:eek:

What? Oh come on man :facepalm:

^ not because of the Axe-FX (I'd love to get one myself) but you talked up the Sig-X so much...

Oh BTW, great playing and tone as always :thu: you really have an ear for dialing stuff in and recording and all of that. Best Sig-X clip I've heard yet.

• Members

I don,t post here very often, but that sir was some very nice playing and very cool tone. I,m also a proud Sig X owner, and I was wondering if you would,nt mind posting your settings on the amp for that clip? Thanks alot for the clip too, keep it up!

Thanks... here's approx settings:

Rhythm:

Rhythm Channel - Live Mode - Boost on - Gain More - 100w

Voicing Max - Saturation 14:00 - Master 8:45 - Wood - Treble 13:45 - Mid 10:00 - Bass 12:15 - Depth 14:30

Lead:

Lead Channel - Blow Mode - Boost on - Gain More - 40w

Voicing Max - Saturation 14:30 - Master 8:50 - Wood - Treble 13:50 - Mid 11:00 - Bass 13:45 - Presence 10:00

If I could do another take, I'd probably add some treble to both settings... this way it sounds nice in the room but on the tape it's a bit duller. Also, probably would change the voicing a bit.

Archived