Fender Super Reverb?

Timmott

• Members

Hey guys, I'm looking to get rid of my Marshall TSL100 and I got an offer for a Super Reverb Reissue trade and I'm real interested in it. How do they sound? How well do they take pedals? Is there a different voicing between the regular and vibrato channel? Is it too loud for bedroom use? How well does it handle loud volumes? Any opinions would be appreciated, thanks! :thu:

• Members

I own a 1972 Silverface non-master Super Reverb. It definetly has the best sounding cleans that I've ever heard. It sounds great with pedals, especially my Tubescreamer. I am able to get a very crunchy medium gain tone when cranking the amp all the way, and clean boosting it with the Tubescreamer. One thing that I realize is that the normal channel has slightly more clean headroom than the vibrato channel. The amp starts breaking up around 4. You should look into it, and hopefully enjoy it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I have the same amp as LedZep1985, a 1972 silverface non master Fender Super Reverb. It is a great amp! I am downsizing now because I am not playing with a band anymore and I am focusing on guitar design and production. So if you are still looking for a great Super Reverb, let me know and perhaps we can settle on a price that makes us both happy.Cheers :thu:

• Members

It's a very loud amp. Way too much amp for a house or apartments. Great cleans. The distortion/drive is very Stevie Ray Vaughn sounding. They're great amps but pretty loud and heavy so really more of a gigging amp. Personally I think anything bigger than a Deluxe Reverb is too much amp for inside a house.

• Members

Too loud for a bedroom? Maybe not....if your bedroom is the size of a typical high school gymnasium. :)

Its waaaaaaay too much for a bedroom. Absolutely one of the best amps ever but I wouldn't even consider owning one for anything other than gigging with a loud band.

Archived