So it looks like I finally sold my TT, Looking for a Bassman (NEED ADVICE)

Devinstation

• Members

So it looks like I will be in the market for a new amp soon, and I have been looking at a vintage Bassman.

I am pretty much looking for a 50 or 100 watt silverface head.

More or less just looking for a good warm clean tone to run pedals through. I am in college so I am looking for CHEAP, so I am totally cool with used.

Any specific years or models I should be looking for. Anyone know of any for sale, any good deals :thu:, or maybe even have one for sale :love:?

• Members

Get a Blackface or Blonde head. Those are the best of the Bassmans.

And the most expensive. I am but a lowly college student with a pretty {censored}ty income, so I am pretty sure I am going silverface, which is fine with me cause I am just gonna bridge the channels and play it clean and loud.

• Members

I had a '67 SF bassman. Great amp, it was one of the first silverfaces as '67 was the transition year.

I tweaked the circuit to make the AB165 an AB165/AA864 hybrid. I also changed the bias to be adjustable from the bias balance that was stock. The amp sounded good stock, but better after the changes. It took pedals really well. I would try to find a '67 to a '72 silverface. Mine sold recently for under $400 :(

• Members

And the most expensive. I am but a lowly college student with a pretty {censored}ty income, so I am pretty sure I am going silverface, which is fine with me cause I am just gonna bridge the channels and play it clean and loud.

Blonde are pretty expensive but you can still find Blackfaces for a good price. I got mine for $500 on Ebay buy it now which was on the high side.

Bought it right after getting home from seeing Social Distortion. :lol:

Archived