So, is it time for another MA/New England Ampfest?

bullhead

• Members

Well, I suppose somebody's got to jump on the bandwagon -

I'll bring my 3-channel Triple and 2x12 GB cab. Nothing special - no mods or cool NOS tubes, but it did manage to generate enough bass at the last one to kick the speaker cable plug out of the socket on the cab.

Also, I expect I should be able to bring my friend (the crazy shredder who lit up the Ampeg rig last time).

So yeah - whenever we can put it together (perhaps before the snow flies?) is good with me.

Mike

• Members
Well, I suppose somebody's got to jump on the bandwagon -

I'll bring my 3-channel Triple and 2x12 GB cab. Nothing special - no mods or cool NOS tubes, but it did manage to generate enough bass at the last one to kick the speaker cable plug out of the socket on the cab.

Also, I expect I should be able to bring my friend (the crazy shredder who lit up the Ampeg rig last time).

So yeah - whenever we can put it together (perhaps before the snow flies?) is good with me.

Mike

excellent!! i actually have an experiment in mind involving a Recto... and i feel like any ampfest worth its salt should have a demonstration of how much the knob labelled "volume" changes the sound :thu:

• Members

excellent!! i actually have an experiment in mind involving a Recto... and i feel like any ampfest worth its salt should have a demonstration of how much the knob labelled "volume" changes the sound
:thu:

hmm maybe if i can get a date for this i might be able to confirm and hold the date. but id def be interested in coming regardless of gear. I took a ride up last year and had a really good time tho i didnt have room to bring a head cuz i was pickin up gear but id def be down to come up again i could prob bring two heads and a guitar. depending on what happens with plannin and transport i might leave the cabs/sub at home just so it wont pwn teh gas mileage

maybe we can try two 3ch triple recs in stere:love: :idea: i could prob bring my triple and my sig with me if sum of us LI boys go up :thu:

• Members
excellent!! i actually have an experiment in mind involving a Recto... and i feel like any ampfest worth its salt should have a demonstration of how much the knob labelled "volume" changes the sound
:thu:

Well, since she spends her time in my apartment's kitchen, the overall master doesn't get much of a workout.

But I can conclusively say that the channel volumes are the most powerful tone controls on the entire amp, and they are the key to dialing in anything resembling a decent tone.

You've got the Voodoo-mod JCM800, right? I think we were in the "alternate high gain room" together.

• Members

I have to say, nothing was funnier than mitsu thinking his amp was broken, then realizing it was pumping so much air it was blowing his speaker cable right out of the cabinet.

i don't know... hearing the JVM after my modded 800 was pretty funny. i remember someone specifically saying aloud "wait, where'd the low-end go?" people became very disinterested in the JVM really fast that day.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived