OT: Who has some good local ghost stories?

Devinstation

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Haha. : )

the ghosts wouldn't rape you, they'd try to scare you off into the woods away from everything so that you'd fall down get knocked unconscious and probably die of being exposed to the nature for a few days without any food or water.

SEE.

You do believe in ghosts.

I believe in life after love after love after love.

• Members

Ah yes...just remembered one. True story (to a degree I suppose) and was somewhat well publicized at the time. This happened in Dallas by my Dad's house. A middle school girl died in a car accident. Shortly afterward, a bunch of kids at her school were in choir practice and they all started simultaneously flipping out and crying saying that they had seen the dead girl walk towards them down the aisle. They actually shut that part of the school down for a week and brought in a bunch of scientists and researchers. That was the first time that I saw something like that taken so seriously. Kinda freaky I guess.

• Members

Ah yes...just remembered one. True story (to a degree I suppose) and was somewhat well publicized at the time. This happened in Dallas by my Dad's house. A middle school girl died in a car accident. Shortly afterward, a bunch of kids at her school were in choir practice and they all started simultaneously flipping out and crying saying that they had seen the dead girl walk towards them down the aisle. They actually shut that part of the school down for a week and brought in a bunch of scientists and researchers. That was the first time that I saw something like that taken so seriously. Kinda freaky I guess.

One time I walked into a school stair-well where at the time I didn't know but our male choir was practicing a Gregorian chant-type number. I opened the door and immediately thought God was talking to me.

• Members

This is an excerpt from my myspace when I encountered a paranormal entity:

Ok so Saturday night Alex boodish and I decided to go for a walk since we can't drink at my house. Long story short Alex got really drunk really quick and some people were supposed to meet us after we got back form the walk. Well Alex was trying to use my cell but he was too drunk to stand and he fell down and my phone was magically not working( or I realized it wasn't working) correctly. Well kyle get the bright idea to {censored}ing sprint. So we run after him Alex can't walk but he runs pretty well. After we stop running Alex asks for the cell and I realize, I don't have it. So we go look for it after like 5 min, I just go {censored} it and say we should get Alex home.

Kyle bets me 20 bucks I'll never find it. I accept the challenge get row's phone to call it while I'm walking. It suddenly looks really dark, foggy and the wind is howling. Spooky {censored} when you are alone in the woods. Two trains came. I kept calling the cell then listening for the ring. I got to the bridge where we walked to the first time and got depressed because kyle was right and I was walking a ton that night, I was cold and I was gonna lose 20 bucks.

So I was like God come on help me out here and I walked a little more. Then I look up and in the distance it looks like this woman in a white flowing dress deally. She had like white or blond hair. It smiled at me and looked down. I looked down where it looked. It appeared to be a sharpy. I said "no freaking way" I popped out row's cell and used the light it was my phone,turned off half buried in the mud. I looked up and the woman was gone. I don't know if it was a ghost, an angel, or my own imagination, but it caused me to find my phone.

• Members

An old classmate of mine used to live in the neighbor house, so we used to hang over at her place some times...house ain't too old, but DAYMN there's alot of {censored}ed up stuff going on there.

Way to many times have the people that live there seen an figure walk up and down there stares, and talking in the hallway (where the stares are).

When they were at vacation, the houskeeper called the cops since she saw a man in the house.

• Members

My family used to rent a house where a lot of really strange things happened. We were renting this really old house in the country while the deal was closing on the house where we would eventually move.

My baby sister, who was old enough to read and speak at the time (around 4) told my step-mother that she had a friend named Cadyber. At least that's what it sounded like. We figured it was an imaginary friend.

Over the course of the next year my sister would often refer to this person in conversation. "Cady just read me this story." or "Cady said she doesn't like you." I would be upstairs with all of my siblings and we would hear what sounded like bubble wrap popping on occasion. On Christmas Day we heard a grandfather clock chime at noon and we didn't have the tv on nor did we own a clock that chimed. One day my step-mother said she heard my sister in the other room trying to zip up her coat. She said she heard my sister say, "Thanks Cady." She went into the room and her coat was zipped. Mind you I was old enough to drive at this point and didn't believe any of it. That was until my step-mother had a chat with the landlady.

One day the landlady stopped by my step-mother's store to chat and pick up the rent. In passing my step-mother mentioned that my sister had an imaginery friend. The landlady thought it was cute and asked what her friend's name was. My step-mother told her and the landlady's jaw dropped.

According to the landlady the house that we were renting was over 100 years old. There was a previous resident whose name was Katie Burr. Over 100 years ago Katie was murdered in that house and her body is still buried at the cemetery less than 100 yards away from the house.

Still makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up thinking about it. I don't know what to believe but how could it be explained? A 4 year old just happens to have an imaginary friend with the same phonetic pronunciation of a person who died in the house 100 years prior?

• Members

My family used to rent a house where a lot of really strange things happened. We were renting this really old house in the country while the deal was closing on the house where we would eventually move.

My baby sister, who was old enough to read and speak at the time (around 4) told my step-mother that she had a friend named Cadyber. At least that's what it sounded like. We figured it was an imaginary friend.

Over the course of the next year my sister would often refer to this person in conversation. "Cady just read me this story." or "Cady said she doesn't like you." I would be upstairs with all of my siblings and we would hear what sounded like bubble wrap popping on occasion. On Christmas Day we heard a grandfather clock chime at noon and we didn't have the tv on nor did we own a clock that chimed. One day my step-mother said she heard my sister in the other room trying to zip up her coat. She said she heard my sister say, "Thanks Cady." She went into the room and her coat was zipped. Mind you I was old enough to drive at this point and didn't believe any of it. That was until my step-mother had a chat with the landlady.

One day the landlady stopped by my step-mother's store to chat and pick up the rent. In passing my step-mother mentioned that my sister had an imaginery friend. The landlady thought it was cute and asked what her friend's name was. My step-mother told her and the landlady's jaw dropped.

According to the landlady the house that we were renting was over 100 years old. There was a previous resident whose name was Katie Burr. Over 100 years ago Katie was murdered in that house and her body is still buried at the cemetery less than 100 yards away from the house.

Still makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up thinking about it. I don't know what to believe but how could it be explained? A 4 year old just happens to have an imaginary friend with the same phonetic pronunciation of a person who died in the house 100 years prior?

I believe it. No {censored}.

Archived