how do Orange amps sound clean?

Electric Monk

• Members

IMO, the Orange Rockerverb amps have the worst clean tones out of any amp over $1000. Absolutely disgusting, I could care less if it's "natural" or not.

So, steer clear from those ones if you're looking for good cleans. Sounds like you'd love a Fender Deluxe Reverb.

On the -rocker- 30 this is true (which is the one that has the "natural" channel, but the rockerverb 50 and 100 are pretty nice sounding in my opinion. The 50 has fender spank with the 6v6s and the 100 is very thick and bloomy.

• Members

IMO, the Orange Rockerverb amps have the worst clean tones out of any amp over $1000. Absolutely disgusting, I could care less if it's "natural" or not.

So, steer clear from those ones if you're looking for good cleans. Sounds like you'd love a Fender Deluxe Reverb.

I agree

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I'm still saving up for a NAD - have tried loads in the meantime, some fender,hotrod & the tweed covered one, just way to bright, hated that sound, especially clean.

Th Vox AC50 had a pretty amazing clean, loads of head room, not sparkly like mind, woudl do great for jazz or blues, but the gain was mushy and unattractive to me.

Tried a Laney that seemed to be quite an improvement on the fender take.

tried the bogner alchemist, was OK, but was overly impressed. Give it credit were it's due, it had a vast array of sounds, all pretty nice but not incredible. Good value though.

And i've tried several oranges: AD30, Rocker 30 & rockerverb 50 - I'm saving for the rockerverb 50.

I really wanted to like the AD30, but it just didn't do it, and the rocker 30 was just too limited. But the rockerverb 50 has great cleans, quite sparkly yet with a touch a darkness to it? and the creamy distortion was just, awwwwwwwwwwww, yes please, I'll have more of that! And the reverb it's got has got to be the best I've heard. But clean sound is important to me, and I' still saving for that rockerverb 50 - that might well be the amp for me. Though, still trying various things!!!!

As any one tried/got one of these mesa boogie express? That's one I'd like to try too - might actually be a thread of its own!

Archived