Getting the Metallica sound on a Line 6 Spider III

skull2shred27

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Look man, don't try to get your Spider III to sound like Metallica. First of all an amp in a room is never going to sound like Metallica does on record, because it's just a different ball game. Secondly, Metallica does not play Spider IIIs. They play Mark IIC+s, and VH4s, and TriAxis + Strategy 500s... all rigs that range upwards of a couple grand. Just find an amp that can get a distortion sound that you like. In my opinion that's not going to happen with a Spider III; they are horrible amps (once again, in my opinion). On the other hand, there are plenty of good options such as the Fender Roc Pro, Marshall Valvestate 8100, Peavey Bandit, Ampeg VH-140c, all of which are priced similarly or cheaper than a Spider III.

• Members

Dude, I'm a beginner and trying to get better. I'm going to start off with pretty cheap stuff and work my way up with better stuff. Also, I'm trying to save up some money so when I'm good enough I'm going to buy better stuff.

Amps are like drugs, you can always GET THE MONEY if you want it bad enough. :cop:

• Members

Skull2shred27 I wouldn't worry to much about tone in your stage of playing. Just get a decent enough tone and PRACTICE! I played with a fender peace of crap for almost a year before i moved on. I am sure your spider has better toanz than that piece of garbage. :facepalm:

Anyways if your are set on getting the "metallica" tone out of it you will find you will fall short. Just save up and get a decent tube combo and a boost, it will get you alteast 80% there.

• Members

I'm just wondering why you made a post about getting a certain tone, only to get advice on said question, then to ignore said advice and post a second thread of the same topic, and then to ignore further advice, and ultimately say you are more focused on practicing than tone. :confused::confused:

Archived