Bugera

C.B.O.

• Members

I think the EQ is shared on the 6260 but the 6262 has independent EQ and the 6260 has high and low gain inputs, where as the 6262 only has one input.

Personally I'd go for the 6262, for $50 independent channel EQ is worth it.

Honestly build quality isn't high, you can tell they use cheap parts, but they do sound really good. If you decide you really want a 6260 you could go that route and buy new if you want a warranty, or if you're comfortable buying used I think theres actually a 5150 in the Spam thread for $490 right now which is a good price.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Anybody seen the video review of the Bugera in the new Guitar World? Not sure if it is online but it is on this month's DVD. Man, if the amp really sounds that good, sign me up!

I have actually been waiting to check out the new Blackheart 100 watt head (http://www.blackhearteng.com/bh100h.html). Looks great! I don't think many have hit the market yet since the parent company is shifting procuction to a more reliable factory.

If you can hold out, the parent company of Blackheart is coming out with a new line of amps next summer--designed my Mike Soldano! An affordable Soldano? Sounds worth waiting for.

• Members

Are you the same guy that had the spider valve that died?

Thats me.

The bugera is a risk to, but has already out lasted both runs my SV had.

Thing is if the Bugera craps I don't have any digital crap to worry about, so I should be able to fix it on my own if anything does happen.

• Members

Thats me.

The bugera is a risk to, but has already out lasted both runs my SV had.

Thing is if the Bugera craps I don't have any digital crap to worry about, so I should be able to fix it on my own if anything does happen.

Ive had mine for a few months now and it hasn't missed a heartbeat.

- I run it with a proper surge protector, like I do with all my electronics.

• Members

Ive had mine for a few months now and it hasn't missed a heartbeat.

- I run it with a proper surge protector, like I do with all my electronics.

Good to hear.

Mine was the HD100 head.

Tone was awesome if you ask me.

But it just wasn't worth the hassles it gave me (i had to wait like 1.5 months because it was back ordered)

I was running mine through a furman PL Plus so power wasn't the issue.

Both times the tech told me it was board/component issues.

Archived