Ampeg Gemini 1

gdad

• Members

Hey everyone,

I have a vintage Gemini 1. I was told to jump the 2 amp channels together and plug the guitar into the accordion input. Has anyone tried this?

Is this safe?

Is it safe to plug the guitar into the Accordion input?

Thanks, Mark

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I have one too (1965 Gemini I), and it sounds so awesome when you jumper it.

Plug your guitar into the left channel accordion input, then plug a patch cable into the left channel guitar input and right channel accordion input. :thu:

• Members

Hey everyone,

I have a vintage Gemini 1. I was told to jump the 2 amp channels together and plug the guitar into the accordion input. Has anyone tried this?

Is this safe?

Is it safe to plug the guitar into the Accordion input?

Thanks, Mark

might want to try the reverberocket. That amp sounds similar but has both a massive crunch and the clean. Don't remember if it has trm though.

• 11 years later...
  • Members

I have a ‘66 Gemini I. Great condition. Have had it since ‘70.

Just recently saw a pic of one for sale with the patch cord connecting left>right.

Asked the same question about safety and why it’s done. I’m a novice, no stage time, etc so never really ran across this option. Replies from credible members seem to indicate it’s AOK and boosts the crunch a bit. Still looking for documentation or an owners manual.

The Echo and Reverb punch button / pedal still works and sound great. Hope to pass it on to my grandson when he picks up an Axe 🎸. Thanks for input.

Archived