OT: Finding a Job Near Impossible?

SoCalMX70

• Members

The economy can be blamed for the fact there are not a lot of job offers out there right now.

But if you are not getting responses for any of the job offers you are applying to, that's a completely different issue.

Obviously, the economy is not stopping them from hiring or they wouldn't be posting the ad.

Review your resume.

• Members

i got my bachelors in information systems with a decent GPA and cant find jack {censored}

had to resort to {censored}ing data entry :FACE {censored}ING PALM:

Facepalm what? That's pretty much an entry level information systems job!

Jesus Christ did you think you were gonna start off being a CIO or something? I got my start in IT by vacuuming out dust in old 386's...you gotta start somewhere!

• Members
i got my bachelors in information systems with a decent GPA and cant find jack {censored}

had to resort to {censored}ing data entry :FACE {censored}ING PALM:

Although a degree helps, Its just paper. You need to know someone to network with to find good jobs. Chances of walking into a great job are slim to none.

Data entry, hahahaha, thats a real downer. Why not be a mounted sheriff you donkey? :cop::lol:

• Members

Facepalm what? That's pretty much an entry level information systems job!

Jesus Christ did you think you were gonna start off being a CIO or something? I got my start in IT by vacuuming out dust in old 386's...you gotta start somewhere!

No. Its temp job for monkeys. I wish I was vacuuming dust..at least I would be near the IT department.

• Members

I run/own a small construction company that does remodels in residential homes...

I cant get good workers.

I wont hire illegals, so full paperwork is in order, I start at 15-17 an hour depending on experience, have weekly bonus cash, as many hours as you want to work, and we are solid, Ive been booked four months ahead for the last 7 years, so the economy isnt hurting me.

Whats hurting is the amount of kids that want a job, but dont like to work, they would rather sit in a AC office, and those are the jobs that are drying up.

Good luck on your search for employment, there are jobs out there...

Well I've been doing concrete pumping for my neighbor's business for over a month now to "get by" but there isn't enough work in that either! I'm not against blue collar labor at all... Hell, if he could keep me going with jobs 4-5 days a week I'd be MORE THAN set... but it's just not there. Work is scarce and he has to give what there is to his guys that have been around a lot longer.

At least my arms are a lot bigger now... haha. Concrete pumping kicks your ass!

• Members

Well I've been doing concrete pumping for my neighbor's business for over a month now to "get by" but there isn't enough work in that either! I'm not against blue collar labor at all... Hell, if he could keep me going with jobs 4-5 days a week I'd be MORE THAN set... but it's just not there. Work is scarce and he has to give what there is to his guys that have been around a lot longer.

At least my arms are a lot bigger now... haha. Concrete pumping kicks your ass!

Man, crete is a mean mistress.....

Im sure youll find something worth your time eventually.

I was speaking more about my situation where I live ( a college town, with a zillion kids with no jobs, who dont want to work unless its for their degree, which nowdays isnt worth the paper they are printed on )

Good luck man!

• Members

Oh and some more good news. I applied to be a police officer MONTHS ago... Probably back in May. I just got a letter in the mail telling me they want me to come down and take the course exam/test thing. Just have to do an obstacle course, run a mile, jump a few walls, and drag a dummy body or something.

It's next month... If nothing works out in the next few weeks I know where I'm headed now!

Hell, today has gone A LOT better than I hoped...

• Members

Man, crete is a mean mistress.....

Im sure youll find something worth your time eventually.

I was speaking more about my situation where I live ( a college town, with a zillion kids with no jobs, who dont want to work unless its for their degree, which nowdays isnt worth the paper they are printed on )

Good luck man!

Yeah tell me about it. There's no such thing as a "normal" day. Either it's a quick and easy job or 2... or you're dying trying to unplug 450 feet of hose on an 80 yard job.

Thanks for the well wishes!

• Members

Yeah tell me about it. There's no such thing as a "normal" day. Either it's a quick and easy job or 2... or you're dying trying to unplug 450 feet of hose on an 80 yard job.

Thanks for the well wishes!

Concrete stamping makes monies. I almost went that route out of highschool with hopes of doing my own company in 10 years. Never happened though.

Archived