Should I add lyrics?

banjobach

• Members

Every now and then I come up with a guitar diddy that I think sounds better without lyrics. This is a pretty rough demo of what it will generally sound like. So I implore you, please tell me if I should add lyrics or if you think the song would sound better as and instrumental. Its called "blues guitar diddy".

SOUNDCLICK

Thanks again

• Members

What do you think?

adding lyrics to this song would really push my songwriting ability. The little licks here and there are hard to write around. I'd be willing to give it a shot. But i also recognize this song could also be purely instrumental and be a legitimate song by itself. I just wanted some outside input.

• Members

no

this is very michael hedges. michael hedges was amazing until he started writing lyrics.
:)

i love it as is.

save the lyrics for another song, IMHO

Haha ya got me. This song was inspired by Michael Hedges' song

Maybe I'll come up with a rough demo of what it might sound like with lyrics and see if it detracts from the song. Thanks for le feedbach

• Members

I really dont think its developed enough to really be much of a song ,,,, very repetitious with little in the way of a musical hook. You have some riffage going on ,, but really not organized well enough for a good song. Its not bad playing ,,,,I would call it a starting point.....with some ideas.

• Members

I really dont think its developed enough to really be much of a song ,,,, very repetitious with little in the way of a musical hook. You have some riffage going on ,, but really not organized well enough for a good song. Its not bad playing ,,,,I would call it a starting point.....with some ideas.

fair enough. It is repetitive and I'll probably add a bar or something to break the song up a bit. I kinda thought what I had going was pretty catchy but I know it's not enough to be entire instrumental right now. I'll have to write more to it if I go that route. Thanks for the input guys.

• Members

I think it sounds pretty good now, but you couldn't go wrong by writing lyrics to it. Because it's repetitive it would be easy to write lyrics for. Or as you've already said, maybe add some chord changes and breaks here and there. You are a good player and it never hurts to try different things. My take on it, add lyrics and see how it works. If it sux, drop the lyrics and you're where you are now. Good Luck!

• Members

Haha ya got me. This song was inspired by Michael Hedges' song

Maybe I'll come up with a rough demo of what it might sound like with lyrics and see if it detracts from the song. Thanks for le feedbach

i'm so good, it scares me. lol j/k

i like it. i think you have to play it a bit cleaner, but i think it's done. (contrary to a few of the others)

if you were inspired by michael hedges, then anything more you do in terms of production will back away from that. (of course, i'm speaking from an emulative standpoint. feel FREE to experiment with lyrics. that's the beauty of it being YOUR song.)

• Members

I like this a lot, and think it could stand alone, but agree with rhat that it needs 1 or more contrasting sections. The dynamics changes just aren't taking it to where it needs to be musically.

KAC

Archived