What register is Justin Timberlake?

noeltazz

• Members

as far as i know, he'd be tenor 1. based on my [almost completely-forgotten] music university experience, they ARE divided by sex. traditionally, a man can't be an alto or soprano. it's tenor or bass. some high-register tenors can share much of the range of an alto...even an alto 1, but they are still classified as tenor 1s. some tenor 1s can REALLY get high.....far more than justin timberlake's ceiling. (plus, there's alot of falsetto in what JT does....i think you're incorrectly considering that)

*editor's note: all this is based on a music degree that was accomplished 8 years ago by a [then] pothead and not taken seriously at all.*

:lol:

• Members

i like him a lot.

seriously?

i wouldn't go that far, personally, but i was pretty impressed watching him self-accompany a groove tune on an acoustic guitar. he's more of a musician than pop culture gives him credit for. it kind of showed me why HE's the one out of those four meatballs in that dumb-ass dance/sing boy group who's continued on with a music career and been successful at it.

• Members

hes a {censored}ing cash register!!! that takes tweenies parents cash and other peoples too (BELIEVE IT OR NOT) who are ignorant to how crappy he is

I don't like his music, nor him at that, however, I respect him highly as a very talented musician/singer/songwriter. I would never say that he was "crappy."

• Members

yea i think he writes some very good songs. by "very good" i mean the best that is being made today.

i went to his concert, and he played some guitar (ehhh) but when he played his slow song with just the piano, it was quite good!

You have the coolest sig I've seen on HC yet.

As for JT, very talented guy. Not usually my cup of tea, but he can sing well and his songs are usually very entertaining and well written for their style. Plus, Dick In A Box is hilarious.:thu:

• Members

If a guy's got a high voice, he's a tenor. Justin Timberlake is no exception. Falsetto doesn't count as alto.

The only popular singer I can think of in semi-recent times who might be close to a true alto is Michael Jackson. And even he is just a really, really high tenor.

With the exception of castrati, whom haven't existed since the early twentieth century, and children, alto and soprano are exclusively a female register.

EDIT: Actually, I just found out I'm wrong about this. (Thanks Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Maniaci) Apparently, there are some male sopranos that exist today, but they are the result of some sort of abnormal physical development in adolescence.

• Members

EDIT: Actually, I just found out I'm wrong about this. (Thanks Wikipedia:
) Apparently, there are some male sopranos that exist today, but they are the result of some sort of abnormal physical development in adolescence.

mmmmmm...chewy.

*sorry...that was completely nonsensical and inappropriate*

• Members

CRAPPY CRAPPY CRAPPY!!! i respect your view on this issue, however ... CRAPPY! ..... ASS!

That crappy ass has sold millions of records. . .and you? That's not a jab at you, just the truth of the matter.

Like I said, if you like him or not is irrelevant, however, you cannot deny his talent. He's not a "superstar" because he is "crappy."

• Members

When I was younger I was a cocky person, I had the gall to say this or that band, this or that artist "sucked." I thought I was a better guitar player than almost everybody else (I wasn't half bad!). I used to say that this or that band/artist could not write music, etc. As I grew older, the people that used to suck, well, I began to appreciate their music, their contribution. And now I realize that whether or not you like the music, these artists are there for a reason--because they are good.

Now if you want to have a civil discussion than we can. Otherwise, "stfu; media zombie/homo luver/nOOb!" is not very civil.

Justin Timberlake is talented, he is very talented. I do not like his music, his style of music, I do not like the state of the music union that it is in today, I do not like MTV, I do not like the radio. However, talent is talent, you can't deny it just cause you don't like it.

• Members

If a guy's got a high voice, he's a tenor. Justin Timberlake is no exception. Falsetto doesn't count as alto.

The only popular singer I can think of in semi-recent times who might be close to a true alto is Michael Jackson. And even he is just a really, really high tenor.

With the exception of castrati, whom haven't existed since the early twentieth century, and children, alto and soprano are exclusively a female register.

EDIT: Actually, I just found out I'm wrong about this. (Thanks Wikipedia:
) Apparently, there are some male sopranos that exist today, but they are the result of some sort of abnormal physical development in adolescence.

[YOUTUBE]voZsllaIfCk[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

That crappy ass has sold millions of records. . .and you? That's not a jab at you, just the truth of the matter.

Like I said, if you like him or not is irrelevant, however, you cannot deny his talent. He's not a "superstar" because he is "crappy."

arguing that someone has talent for flourishing in our modern day pop culture just doesn't work. Look at this soulja boy, that clown is raking in millions from idiotic teens. His album is probably the worst rap release in existence.

• Members

But Justin IS talented. Very talented. His voice is exceptional. His writing skills are above talented (if he really writes--they say he does, but sometimes the artist gets the credit the real writer remains anonymous). In his case, it has nothing to do with pop culture.

Again, I don't like him. I don't like his music (most of it anyways). I would never buy his album. But talent is talent. You can't get around it.

Archived