So I broke down and wrote a song about myspace

Diiskrej

• Members

I was disappointed I couldn't make out more of the words (through the AutoTune :D ) but I enjoyed much of what I could make out. Something about a blog and her thoughts being deep. And friend requests. And I liked the bit about maybe someday he'd see himself in the girl's top friends section.

OH WAIT!!!

I was listening to a remix... I'm listening to the regular mix, now. (The AT is a lot less thick. ;) )

But now that I can hear it better, I have to ask, just what is the singer singing at the end? Is the last word "hey" or "eh"?

Anyhow, fun song. I think I enjoyed the remix best.

• Members

I was disappointed I couldn't make out more of the words (through the AutoTune
:D
) but I enjoyed much of what I could make out. Something about a blog and her thoughts being deep. And friend requests. And I liked the bit about maybe someday he'd see himself in the girl's top friends section.

OH WAIT!!!

I was listening to a remix... I'm listening to the regular mix, now. (The AT is a lot less thick.
;)
)

But now that I can hear it better, I have to ask, just what is the singer singing at the end? Is the last word "hey" or "eh"?

Anyhow, fun song. I think I enjoyed the remix best.

The lyric is eight, but it sounds like eh.

"Maybe one day I'll see me in your top eight"

• Members

Just a heads up, the Remix has been moved to www.myspace.com/thecrashcoordinates

if anyone is interested in the lyrics

V1

Girl you have such a beautiful face, when its shining on me through my LCD

And your looks keep on changing

But I'm not complaining

As I'm hitting refresh over and over again

PC

And I can't wait to leave a picture comment for you

Girl for you

And your bulletins keep my heart racing

Your high contrast and angles

A photoshopped angel

C

Everyday I can see you on myspace

Maybe one day I'll see me in your top eight

V2

The words that you write in your blogs are amazing

Your headlines so deep

Profile songs on repeat

Baby I need to shut down before I fall in love with my screen

• Members

Oh, yeah, that's fun stuff!

Even though the regular mix was a lot easier to make out (and I'd already heard the song a couple times), it definitely helps to have the lyrics.

One thing... (there's always one thing, huh?)... I'm not sure about the last line of verse 2. The idea is there -- falling in love with the fantasy -- but I'm not sure screen really brings the idea home. But I don't know what it would be, either... so, you know...

Anyhow, great subject for a song. Surprised we haven't seen more... (then, if there was something on the radio I wouldn't know about it, anyhow :D ).

• Members

that's some clever lyric writing. light, but totally clever and fun, man. nice job. unfortunately, i [ironically] can't hear the tune b/c i can't get to myspace, but i dig what i read. :)

you use garageband exclusively? do you have an interface in front of it?

you know, as new versions of it come out, it becomes more and more of a player in the recording world....nothing 'pro,' but definitely a better choice than the introductory software packages that come with interfaces like ableton lite, cubase LE, etc. i sometimes pop in open and record an idea instead of formatting a whole new project in Logic. (and btw, i'm currently involved in a total love affair with logic8 - if you ever think of upgrading from gb, this is AMAZING!)

anyway, cool. :lol::cool:

g

• Members

can't hear the tune b/c i can't get to myspace, but i dig what i read.
:)

you use garageband exclusively? do you have an interface in front of it?

you know, as new versions of it come out, it becomes more and more of a player in the recording world....nothing 'pro,' but definitely a better choice than the introductory software packages that come with interfaces like ableton lite, cubase LE, etc. i sometimes pop in open and record an idea instead of formatting a whole new project in Logic.
(and btw, i'm currently involved in a total love affair with logic8 - if you ever think of upgrading from gb, this is AMAZING!)

anyway, cool.
:lol::cool:

g

This is actually the first time I have used Garage Band. In my band we do all analog recording. I had some sort of interface I plugged into before I went into the macbook. It was an extremely rough recording we did (since it was just for fun). We didn't even use a vocal mic, we just used to built in macbook mic. We recorded it and my friend remixed it in garage band. It's amazing the stuff you can do in that free program.

I have heard a lot of cool stuff about Logic and I definitely want to check it out.

Archived