Anybody like metal?

mike moriarty

• Members

Not sure what genre I'd personally classify your music as but it's interesting, I like "No More Room In Hell" the most though. Very nice guitar work man, seems a bit avant garde. Although you probably will be hard pressed to find a drummer that can pull that off, I don't think it's impossible. I believe the band Berzerker use to use a drum machine but then got a drummer that was incredibly fast, and I know the drummer for Shining has some really fast feet.

Keep up the good work, I added you on myspace btw.

Thank you very much, invite accepted. I think its possible with the right drummer to play it live. Might need at least 3 guitarists though ;) Im a huge Berzerker fan. Take it easy.

• Members

hey man, {censored}s really awesome! I'm really into many styles of music but have a great love for the horror death metal genre. You might check out my solo project, much along the lines of yours but I play around with a bit of funk and jazz as well as my death metal and horror....crazy combos I know but it's a solo studio project - ideas that are cool but just don't fit with my full time band. I sent you a friends request, I call the project Death Chant.

On a side note....KillJoy from Necrophagia is not going to dig the sample rip off in Combat shock. I beleive it's Coffin Joe and Necrophagia used it on one of the songs off the "Divine art of Torture" CD. Considering you are into old-school horror and horror-death-metal, I'm sure you already know about this....lol, doubt it matters but other horror-death-metal fans will catch this and it's a small, very focused group of fans.

Thanks alot. Hey man just checked out your stuff, good songs. Invite accepted. I've heard some Necrophagia stuff but wasnt aware he used the same sample, my freind already told me about it. Great minds think alike ;)

Thanks for the comments bud.

• Members

not a fan of metal.

to me, its very un-original and un-expressive.

Thats kind of a vague generalization, there are alot of very different sounding types of metal these days. Thats alright I think Hendrix is incredibly overrated :lol:

Thanks for the comments.

• Members

Thats true, as I haven't listened to much metal.

But what I have heard, which is mostly popular stuff,

ie. Metallica, Pantera, that kind of thing,

I find unexpressive musically.

I certainly have respect for those who have talent,

but I just don't feel that a good song is rooted in power chords with a repeated riff over it.

And lets not bring that greatest guitarist the world has ever seen into this.

;)

Archived