Who wants to hear the Rivera K Tre AND KR7??

Chrisjd

• Members

I have owned 3 Rivera's. R30, Knucklehead, and a M60. All were loud as all hell. Clean tones were the best I have ever had and with EQ changes, could sound like almost like any Fender ever made. Better IMHO. The clean channel loves pedals as well.

The gain tones were always a love/hate thing with me. I seemed to get the best gain tones with pedals into the front end of the clean channel. Never played the KTre though.

• Members

i've been in love with rivera amps since I bought mine. The next head I plan on buying is either the KR7 or a knucklehead reverb. I like with the KR7 you can drop it's wattage down to like 20 watts using the half power switch and the vintage/modern switch.

One of my favourite things about rivera is that they do pro-demos of their amps, I just can't stand that it's the same guy through most of them. Gimme someone else with a different playing style to compare with.

• Members

I've wanted to like Rivera amps since the early 90's when I saw Skid Row playing them and thought they sounded great but I've yet to play one I could get into.

Something about the lack of attack and tactile feedback that kills it for me. They're pretty much the polar opposite of amps I like which tend to be ultra crisp and responsive and percussive.

• Members

I was thinking about buying another Ktre recently, funny this thread popped back up again. The cleans are FAR overrated in Riveras. They arent that good, to be honest no high gain amp I have ever owned or played has cleans that are worth a damn other than the Cobra. Ktre dialed in right is an absolute TREAT to play, very inspiring amp.

Archived