Question

JrMaFia

• Members

I pick it up and cannot put it down, even when i am not playing i am listneing to music but i have been listening to music since i am a kid. Growing up all i listened to was hendrix and slash and clapton. All i heard was my father tells stories bout seiing all these great concerts and jimi hendrix was the guy he always stressed as the best. That was a fact in my house and i agree with it hendrix is god. I also heard stories of him playing with leslie west and going on tour up and down the coast. He told me the story of meeting jeff beck and when he did security at the randalls island pop festival and was 10 feet away from hendrix. These convos run deep we talk for hours about music.

Even throughout my teenage years i would collect bootleg concerts. For some reason i am into concerts.

I bought a xaviere strat copy because of the good reviews on this board and i am very happy with it. I played some of the 500-800 dollar epiphones in guitar center and prefer the sound and feel of my xaviere copy.

My ultimate goal is to play a fireburst les paul studio through some sort of marshall half stack and learn to play with a wah, and some other pedals.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So amp wise what is a good marshall amp to start with i like blues/blues-rock not into metal with the exception of the guitarists ozzy has used in the past.

I have been to the guitar stores a few times and love the les paul look and feel. I like either alpine white like randy rhoads or fireburst

• Members

Well at least you are open to listening, that is a good start. I would not focus on brand names at this point or playing an amp just because someone else uses it. Find one that fits you. Play on some, you will find the right amp. Also, if you find an amp that you like and enjoy the tone and post it in here and some haters come in here bashing it, expect it. There is NO one amp that everyone loves. There will be haters at every corner.

• Members

Is this a good plexi?

Woah! Slow down there little buddy. You just started playing. Find a reasonably priced amp that you like now and work your way up to a plexi if that is what you want. More than likely, what you think you want now will change by the time you get ready to buy one.

• Members

I like my practice amp i have a dac15 vox amp it is good, i was just trying to get ideas and see what people think, trying to get a feel for what is good, what is not good, that kind of deal. So when i play stuff i can know what to listen for and what to look for when i buy something

• Members

I like my practice amp i have a dac15 vox amp it is good, i was just trying to get ideas and see what people think, trying to get a feel for what is good, what is not good, that kind of deal. So when i play stuff i can know what to listen for and what to look for when i buy something

Nothing wrong with that. Just realize that you are standing at the cart, yet the horse is about five miles back.

• Members

i know this is for when i get good i have said in previous posts i am not buying expensive equipment until i get good i am not going to be the guy with all this expensive gear and sucks as a player. I am trying to learn what is considered a good amp.

• Members

i know this is for when i get good i have said in previous posts i am not buying expensive equipment until i get good i am not going to be the guy with all this expensive gear and sucks as a player

Keep playing, spend some time in here and read what is going on, go try amps out as you get better and you will soon enough answer your own question.

• Members

i know this is for when i get good i have said in previous posts i am not buying expensive equipment until i get good i am not going to be the guy with all this expensive gear and sucks as a player

Seriously, don't worry so much about the gear. Your tastes in tone and music will change, and so might the requirements for your amp. Personally I recommend buying a good modeler, so you can have a big range of sounds at your disposal for little money.

• Members

I doubt my father is an idiot and i doubt you would tell him that to his face because u would probably wind up in the trunk of a car somewhere. So stop being an internet tough guy.

And correction, I'm not being an internet tough guy, I'm calling your dad a dip{censored}. I call a lot of people that. A LOT of people.

• Members
this. I don't listen to {censored}ing idiots period. Know why? Cause MY NAME IS DEWYSOSSSS
:rawk:

And correction, I'm not being an internet tough guy, I'm calling your dad a dip{censored}. I call a lot of people that. A LOT of people.

I can verify this. Dewy has called me a dip{censored}.

• Members

I can verify this. Dewy has called me a dip{censored}.

Thank you. :wave:

zoomzilla, this is a secret block of text: I only take on this badass persona on the internet because I have no social skills and am in fact very antisocial and insecure

:eek:

• Members

The problem with the internet is guys like dewyross or whatever the {censored} his name is cna run this mouth where if they came to where i was from i would punch them in the {censored}ing mouth, they would be spitting teeth.

Archived