rivera 4x12 cabs

Hunt_Fish

• Members

I own the Rivera "Seven" cab and have tried out the V30 loaded cabs many times. I think they are really well constructed cabs. Tight, focused and handle lows really well. They're about the same size as a Marshall 1960 cab... maybe a tad smaller. :thu:

• Members

I still own an early 90's K412 cab loaded with V30's, but it currently resides at my drummer's house where we rehearse (so I wouldn't have to lug my gig rig back and forth all the time).

My main cab for the last 6+ years has been my trusty K312 which beats the 412 in tone, clarity and overall OOMPH! IOW...the K312 is like having the GIRTH of a full stack in a half stack package.

But I digress. The K412's construction is like that of a frickin' TANK, and they sound good with the right amp pushing them. Great for "Brown Sound" tones IMO, but probably wouldn't be up the alley of someone into detuned Metal. Being loaded with V30's (which admittedly are NOT my favorite speaker), I feel that the cab would sound worlds better loaded with G12T75's or some other chunkier/cleaner-sounding facsimile.

But if you dig the V30 vibe, then these cabs are certainly well-built and expertly designed to deliver that tone as well as ANY other 4x12 cab out there.

Hope this helps...

• Members

anyone ever own one of these things? Are they quality? Someone give me the low down on these.

Quality? That's like asking if a Ferrari is quality. Bwahahaha. They are awesome. Are they right for you? Well, that is up to you. I love Rivera, but I don't fit in a Ferrari.

• Members

I owned one a few months ago and it sounded thin and harsh tho.
:idk:

It's a cab, what were you playing through it? What speakers were in it? Thin and harsh? That is really, really hard to fathom. I mean, I can understand if it wasn't your favorite, but I have never heard a Rivera or {censored}, any decent cab that is thin and harsh, that wasn't user error. It isn't like they are built like {censored}. They are super quality, with super speaker configs, depending on what speakers you get or put in it. For real, you can get a cheap ass Avatar that sounds awesome, a Rivera just as much. A cab is a cab, a well built one will last longer and sound better if designed right. Rivera used to make some small ported ones that were killer. Their cabs might come with V30 standard, but they have other speakers available as options.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Ran a sovtek mig 60 through it, it sounded like I expected to be honest, and just for some reason....I didn't like it. I don't know what it is. I don't know if it's the construction of the cab or the look or what but...it just irks me.

• Members

anyone ever own one of these things? Are they quality? Someone give me the low down on these.

Solid as a rock! I owned a K412 cab and it was great. Loaded with V30's and it killed with my KH100R head. No flimsy plastic parts at all.

Archived