Car shopping: opinions on this deal

IHateRap

• Members

I'm looking at a 2009 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited. This is a quote I just received from a dealer. It's roughly $300.00 less than the "TMV" from Edmunds.com....which is calculated before tax and title (a real downer). It's also roughly $500.00 less than a quote from a different dealership. Opinions?

$26,005 MSRP with out XM Radio

$24,362 Invoice with out XM Radio

$ 456 XM radio Installed

$ 248 1% above Invoice

$25,066 Selling Price

Selling Price $25,066.00

Trade $0.00

Cash Difference $25,066.00

Sales Tax 6.50% $1,648.79

Dealer Fee $250.00

Title Fee $30.50

Total Cash Difference $26,995.29

Trade Payoff $0.00

Net Total Difference $26,995.29

Cash Down $0.00

Rebate $500.00

Total Due $26,495.29

• Members

26K for a Subaru? I don't know man, used is always a better option. I got my wife a new Accord for much less than that and I would think the resale value is better on a Honda. Hold out, dealers are desperate since no one is buying anything. My sister just got an 09 Camry loaded for $23K with tax!

• Members

26K for a Subaru? I don't know man, used is always a better option. I got my wife a new Accord for much less than that and I would think the resale value is better on a Honda. Hold out, dealers are desperate since no one is buying anything. My sister just got an 09 Camry loaded for $23K with tax!

+1. I've driven some nice Subarus but if you don't absolutely have to buy new, buy used, or tell em that isn't good enough. :cop:

Too high in my opinion.

• Members

Not familiar with that car but I've bought a lot of cars. From what I've experienced with sticker prices vs. what you actually pay, it looks several thousand too high to me. The last cars I've bought I've paid about 80% of sticker for. Car dealers are really hungry right now.

• Members

You already did the Edmunds thing so that keeps them honest so to speak.
I would pay the 1% above invoice or the dealer fee not both. It is a really great time to buy so if You like the car get a great deal and buy it:thu:
always negotiate from a position of "I dont really need to buy"
Good Luck
:cool:

Archived