Tell me about the Framus Cobra

wolfspider

• Members

I've never owned a Framus or a Bogner, so I couldn't tell you about the reliability of either, but there is a LOT more that goes into the reliability of an amp than just the parts it uses.

Construction, design, defect percentage, shipping methods, all of these things attribute to how reliable a company's products are.

If two amp makers use the same parts, but one is less reliable in terms of the soldering, or the tubes they use, or how they bias the amp, or uses cheaper packing materials, you will see a substantially higher percentage of defects and malfunctions.

I could guarantee you if someone handed me all the parts necessary to make a Framus or Bogner, it would not even remotely be the same level of craftsmanship as either.

That being said, I don't necessarily judge a company for having a few faulty products. Defects, accidents and malfunctions are going to happen at any company particularly with more advanced, technological products. What makes a solid company, to me, is how well they handle those mistakes (warranty, customer service, repair time, etc.).

I completely agree with you

but all I see is people on internet repeating bull{censored} like parrots without any kind of solid information

I never said they are built the same way and never said anything against Bogners

unless being NOT magic is some kinda of insult here :confused:

when I inserted the name BOGNER in the discussion, is because people always talk like them like they are some kind of supreme construction with ancient cosmic power combined with alien technology

the truth is that they are normal, well built amps, with good, but common parts

AND SO IS THE COBRA

if I was a Bogner hater why the hell I would compare them with the amp I'm atesting as good?

• Members
Pardon me if I don't blindly accept your expert parts analysis without asking for more opinions.

Sorry, but you come across as a bit "frothy" when you comment in threads like this.
:p

Let me ask then, Who are you to question? You seem to be part of every Framus build thread and yet you contribute nothing but cynicism.
Have you found your answers yet? When will you take the words of others wh have done the research that the amp is a solid build?

• Members
I am thinking that Olaf needs to see this
:)

Of course he will have to post his credentials
:lol:

Here he is again..Still without any documentation of what makes Framus a cheap build as he has put it..
For the record, Bogner's build probably is somewhat better than Framus. The point is that the difference is not night and day. For you to say a "cheap build" in previous post is to indicate that Bogner is not far behind

• Members

Here he is again..Still without any documentation of what makes Framus a cheap build as he has put it..

For the record, Bogner's build probably is somewhat better than Framus. The point is that the difference is not night and day. For you to say a "cheap build" in previous post is to indicate that Bogner is not far behind

I agree with Scott in that I would love to hear Olaf's opinion on this topic, he comes across as very knowledgeable to me and gives his opinions in a calm almost disconnected manner without coming across as over excited or fanboyish.

• Members

Let me ask then, Who are you to question? You seem to be part of every Framus build thread and yet you contribute nothing but cynicism.

Have you found your answers yet? When will you take the words of others wh have done the research that the amp is a solid build?

I have every right to question it, who the {censored} are you to question my right to question it?

• Members

I have every right to question it, who the {censored} are you to question my right to question it?

Point is, when you get someone that is telling you the facts such as EricWylde you decide to not trust their opinion.

You're apparently just looking for what you want to believe

• Members

I agree with Scott in that I would love to hear Olaf's opinion on this topic, he comes across as very knowledgeable to me and gives his opinions in a calm almost disconnected manner without coming across as over excited or fanboyish.

Sure, sounds great. I'm sure you both will be dissapointed

• Members

Point is, when you get someone that is telling you the facts such as EricWylde you decide to not trust their opinion.

You're apparently just looking for what you
want
to believe

Just because you believe him doesn't make it so.

I didn't say I didn't believe him, I was just asking for other opinions to support his claims. As we all know especially on internet forums, there's nothing wrong with looking for further corraboration if you are interested in the truth.

If an objective, knowledgeable person made comments similar to his then great, it's nice to know. The more (knowledgeable) opinions the better. An amp tech that's not a framus owner would be a great start, imo of course.

• Members

Sure, sounds great. I'm sure you both will be dissapointed

Dude,

Post the shop's address where you work out of cause we are not going to get anywhere on this site. Or PM the shop's address.

Let me know a good date and I will be up, you cant be more than 90 minutes away from me.

About Olaf................hope your not putting yourself in his league.

• Members

Let me just say for a second time. the cobra is such an awesome amp. I think when you spend the kind of cash on an amp of this quality (bogner, framus, engl etc..) you're going to get a good amp. It may not suit your tone needs but regardless you're getting a solid amp. AND Amplifiers break down. They're electronics for christ's sake. I would assume for every cobra that breaks theres an uberschall that breaks. And for each of those theres about 10 mesa/boogies and marshalls that break down. :poke: :lol: just kidding. People just like to nitpick and try to get their opinions over on people. You really can't argue with facts though. It's been stated. The actual component quality is not better/worse than anything at that level. I love mine and would recommend it to anyone looking for a raging monster amp.

• Members

I didn't say I didn't believe him, I was just asking for other opinions to support his claims. As we all know especially on internet forums, there's nothing wrong with looking for further corraboration if you are interested in the truth

Just wondering, why are you so desperate to know about the build quality of this particular amp? Are you considering getting one?

• Members

Just because you believe him doesn't make it so.

I didn't say I didn't believe him, I was just asking for other opinions to support his claims. As we all know especially on internet forums, there's nothing wrong with looking for further corraboration if you are interested in the truth.

If an objective, knowledgeable person made comments similar to his then great, it's nice to know. The more (knowledgeable) opinions the better. An amp tech that's not a framus owner would be a great start, imo of course.

Well, let's see hear...The last thread you were in he showed pics as well and pointed out some of small differences.

I'm gonna go ahead and assume you think he photoshopped those because he's a Framus owner right?

• Members

So then what's the problem? what evidence do you have to the contrary that's holding you back?

It would be nice to hear the opinions of other people on this topic. Your boy Eric Wylde likes to drag Bogner into every Cobra thread when it comes to discussion about components, and this is the blowback from his actions. I don't need to justify to you why I want to hear other people's opinions.

• Members

funny how 2 years ago I came here and told the sad truth about Meteoro amps (cheap parts, crappy soldering, unmatched tubes, terrible reliability, solid state preamp sections) and I was called "eric pyle-of-crap", "brazilian jungle boy", "third world cockroach", "caterpillar eater" :lol:
and now Meteoro are still "exotic brazilian boutique amps" on HCAF and Framus are cheap and non-trustworthy :facepalm:

• Members
funny how 2 years ago I came here and told the sad truth about Meteoro amps (cheap parts, crappy soldering, unmatched tubes, terrible reliability, solid state preamp sections) and I was called "eric pyle-of-crap", "brazilian jungle boy", "third world cockroach", "catterpillar eater"
and now Meteoro are still "exotic brazilian boutique amps" on HCAF and Framus are cheap and non-trustworthy
:facepalm:

Hey no offense, I didn't say I didn't believe you. I just wanted to hear other people's opinions on it, thats all.

• Members
funny how 2 years ago I came here and told the sad truth about Meteoro amps (cheap parts, crappy soldering, unmatched tubes, terrible reliability, solid state preamp sections) and I was called "eric pyle-of-crap", "brazilian jungle boy", "third world cockroach", "caterpillar eater"
and now Meteoro are still "exotic brazilian boutique amps" on HCAF and Framus are cheap and non-trustworthy

Yeah. But this is HCAF. If someone says something about an amp, it is generally accepted as truth. If that same person has 10,000+ posts, his word is gospel.

Most of the {censored} you hear on HCAF is just parrotted nonsense.

Really anything you hear on the internet is nonsense.

Come to think of it, anything you hear ANYWHERE is nonsense until you experience it for yourself.

• Members
funny how 2 years ago I came here and told the sad truth about Meteoro amps (cheap parts, crappy soldering, unmatched tubes, terrible reliability, solid state preamp sections) and I was called "eric pyle-of-crap", "brazilian jungle boy", "third world cockroach", "caterpillar eater"

:lol: I rather enjoyed those arguements with Moshaholic. Great HC drama - much like this thread. :cop:

Archived