is this a common tune? what kind of music?

• Members

I posted this in acoustic guitar. Maybe it's better here.......

got this little tune in my head this morning and some lyrics. But is this tune already a song? It seem too familiar . And is this like carribean music or something? Anyone know similar sounding tunes?

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=822961&songID=6555391

There's another verse written there too... I just haven't got the guitar part down enough to focus on that yet.

BTW, comments welcome but I just started it so I don't need a real critique yet.

• Members

It doesn't really strike me as Caribbean, though maybe the beach theme could pull someone in that direction. Check out some calypso or mento to get an idea of that music.

I think that you could develop a more Carib feel to it were you to guide in that direction, especially if you listened to some of it and let it soak in.

• Members

It doesn't really strike me as Caribbean, though maybe the beach theme could pull someone in that direction. Check out some calypso or mento to get an idea of that music.

I think that you could develop a more Carib feel to it were you to guide in that direction, especially if you listened to some of it and let it soak in.

Oh... I didn't really want it to have a carib sound. I was just trying to place the sound that it *did* have. I'm not sure where it came from; it was a happy and strengthening moment in which it came to me.

• Members

It has a classic sort of folk-inspired melody, seems to me.

I'm thinking this is such well-worn turf that no one probably has clear claim to much of anything that sounds like this. That said, have a big hit and watch folks come out of the woodwork. :D

I say -- until you hear a song that makes you slap your forehead and say, "Doh!" because it sounds so much the same, I wouldn't sweat it.

It's a nice little tune. :)

• Members

I really like the sound of the guitar. What guitar/mic did you use ??
:)

guitar Gibson J-150. I had it tuned down a whole tone using heavies. But this was recorded then capoed up a half step. I have some Rode mic and an MXL going into an presonic a/d box.

Archived