Bogner Alchemist at BEST BUY!

fistertain

• Members

So my local Best Buy has a Music Instruments section and to my amazement ... the Bogner Alchemist was right there on demo! Now I'm left handed and of course the only lefty there was a mexican strat, which sounded like poo. However, from what I played it actually sounds pretty darned good! Kinda mid-gain but pretty punchy. It's got this weird low-mid voicing that I can't really explain ... even though it's not high-gain it has a pretty evil voicing. Kinda like a looser VHT or something.

I bet with some humbuckers and a boost that thing would be pretty furious. I'll take my axe (les paul trad) and my od909 down there and have an update for you guys!

• Members

What is Bogner doing??? He may build great amps, but he doesn't seem to have a lot of sense...unless he's ok with kissing his boutique image goodbye. He should have developed a second brand for this stuff.

you act like he still has a booteek image.

He lost it after the line6 IMO.

• Members

What is Bogner doing??? He may build great amps, but he doesn't seem to have a lot of sense...unless he's ok with kissing his boutique image goodbye. He should have developed a second brand for this stuff.

thats what i was thinking!!!

seems like a pretty bit mistake to me as well

• Members

Yup, I commented on this, too, in a different Alhemist thread. He needs an "Epiphone"/"Squire" type brand to not ruin his boutique street cred. I couldn't even imagaine a "Soldano" branded cheap-ass MIC amp, for example.

PS: This Best Buy thing is all "Guitar Hero's" fault. Everyone thinks they can (or worse, should) play now. :mad:

• Members
Yup, I commented on this, too, in a differen Alhemist thread. He needs an "Epiphone"/"Squire" type brand to not ruin his boutique street cred. I couldn't even imagaine a "Soldano" branded cheap-ass MIC amp, for example.

PS: This Best Buy thing is all "Guitar Hero's" fault. Everyone thinks they can (or worse, should) play now.
:mad:

You know what...I bet Bogner can make more money selling crappy made in china amps at Best Buy, but I didn't think it was all about money for him. I thought he was all about building a name for quality and excellence in guitar amplifiers. Guess not. We have a classic sellout.

• Members

You know what...I bet Bogner can make more money selling crappy made in china amps at Best Buy, but I didn't think it was all about money for him. I thought he was all about building a name for quality and excellence in guitar amplifiers. Guess not. We have a classic sellout.

I think he should have used the Toyota/Lexus type of branding model to differentiate the China stuff from his regular amp line as well, you think they would have thought about that though beforehand...

Instead he went the Schecter route, with oversea's models and the "custom shop" stuff bearing the same name. You can see this by going to the website and being able to go in either direction.

• Members

I played the head the other day at GC and it wasnt that bad IMO :idk:

I played it on top of a boogie 2X12 and i dug the tones, a lil compressed but the cleans were not bad, the OD was smooth, i liked the voicing on it. It wasnt harsh at all + the delay/reverb was a nice touch - It wasnt that bad a sound..

Are some people judging this before REALLY playing it? :cop:

:idea:

• Members
I played the head the other day at GC and it wasnt that bad IMO
:idk:

I played it on top of a boogie 2X12 and i dug the tones, a lil compressed but the cleans were not bad, the OD was smooth, i liked the voicing on it. It wasnt harsh at all + the delay/reverb was a nice touch - It wasnt that bad a sound..

Are some people judging this before REALLY playing it?
:cop:

:idea:

I'm not judging the amp. I'm just talking about what Bogner is doing to their image.

• Members

Well, i guess the made in china stigma is a little hard to swallow for some.

Thing is, most amp brands have some stuff made in their home nation and then some of their line is outsourced overseas.

Doesnt mean its going to be a bad amp,

Look at the Tiny Terror, thats made in a similar place, and everyone loves that..

I know its a different price point, and a boutique brand, but if it makes the Bogner name more accessible to a wider audience, i dont see what the problem is. Plus, if the amp sounds good and is built well, is it really an issue????????

I dont think it will harm the Bogner brand too much, if anything it kinda makes the now branded 'custom shop' stuff more desirable for the average punter.

I have high hopes for my alchemist when it comes in...

i'll be sure to say what its like...

Archived