AxeFX Going Software. I LOVE IT.

Elric

• Members

My thoughts.

Anyone interested in this AxeFX VST.. is probably not new to the VST guitar processing world.

You all know of, for example.. Revalver, GuitarRig, Amplitube--etc.

and you all know that you can chain up any amount of VSTs (as many as your VST host or DAW -whatever) that you want.....

Right?

What I've been doing actually.. is using Revalver for my distortion tones..and within Revalver loading up GuitarRig (for effects) and then if I wanted some other effects that I really wanted that guitar rig couldn't give me I'd just find some other VST for what I was looking for.

I use all sorts of manglers (ohmboyz etc), reverbs (sirs etc), delays (dubstation etc), loopers (loopy llama
:love:
), filters, trems, modifiers, yadda yadda yadda.

So, my question is.. really.. what can axeFX give to me.. that I don't already have that I can't do in spades... ?

You can actually maybe has teh toanes :poke:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

good tone maybe

Revalver has some pretty excellent tone, already. :poke:

That's why I'm excited about this demo, I'll get to hear it side by side for myself against the best modeler I've played to date. So it'll get a reality check outside the hype fiesta here before someone gets me GASsing so bad I blow $2K on one and then find out it wasn't worth it for me.

I've actually got a feeling it won't be the complete blow out that some of the AxeFX fans think it will be. ;) For me anyway.

Like Voltaire, I'm aware of 50000 other VSTs and chaining and it'll be about the amp modeling for me.

If the AxePC hardware interface is kick ass and the tones are on par with Revalver I very well might buy it for the variety (Revalver lacks there badly) and the quality interface; if it hits a price point that's worth it to me.

• Members

I own both and while Revalver sounds very good and quite realistic I still must say I prefer the Axe at the moment. It sits in the mix better with less post processing required and also seems superior in the versatility and FX. I'm definitely looking forward to trying Axe-PC, i'm sure it will be killer as {censored}.

• Members

I own both and while Revalver sounds very good and quite realistic I still must say I prefer the Axe at the moment. It sits in the mix better with less post processing required and also seems superior in the versatility and FX. I'm definitely looking forward to trying Axe-PC, i'm sure it will be killer as {censored}.

That's good to hear. Makes me want to try it out all the more.

Archived