Loopers

ProjectBert

• Members

Hi

I only know of a few loopers, and I'm looking to buy one, so I know off

- Boss RC series

- Line 6 JM4

- JamMan

But I'm sure there are lots of alternatives around.

The first priority is to being able to play a riff and loop it. Recording the riff, and any leads played over it is a plus. (I think it's normal when it's recordable, it is able to be transferred to a PC).

I'm thinking 20 seconds is not enough so that makes the "Delay/Loop" stompboxes a no?

I mean, enlighten me in the world of loopers please!

• Members

I got the Boss RC20,I like it,but I really don't have much experience with loopers.I've used it live once so far but it worked great.The Line6 unit looks really nice but it has alot of features I wouldnt use,plus the price is higher than all but the big Boss unit with all the foot switches.

Also,where can I see the Axe FX in action DMTNT?You still gigging at Homerun Sports Bar?

• Members

i have the jamman and when i use it its perfect for recording simple rhythm ideas and then layering some more stuff. its just a learning curve to get the timing down using the tap tempo. the compact flash card is a big plus.

• Members

I've been trying to decide between a RiffBox and a JamMan myself. The RiffBox sounds like it would be decent sound quality, allows switching between all sorts of interesting operating modes and has the small builder going for it, but I would really like to record several ideas in the same time, and the JamMan seems to offer most recording time and flexibility for that purpose.

What's most important

• Members

I've been trying to decide between a RiffBox and a JamMan myself. The RiffBox sounds like it would be decent sound quality, allows switching between all sorts of interesting operating modes and has the small builder going for it, but I would really like to record several ideas in the same time, and the JamMan seems to offer most recording time and flexibility for that purpose.

What's most important

• Members

Also,where can I see the Axe FX in action DMTNT?You still gigging at Homerun Sports Bar?

YES!! We'll be there on 12/6 (Sat). Keep in mind I'm only using the Axe-FX for effects, not sims yet. My main tone is still ADA MP-1 -> Mesa 2:90.

• Members

I got a Boss RC20XL here too. Im sure other loopers are better but it works great for me. I'm always having a good time with it. I bought it as sort of a practice/experimentation tool, and it works great for that. Not really sure what other loopers could do better... maybe less tone suckage? Better quality playback? I don't know, but it's more than adequate for my needs. I think it's got like 20 minutes of recording time plus a lot of other nifty features. I got it from someone here at HC, but I can't remember who...

Either way, I dont have any experience with other loopers, but for me it works great.

I just found out the RC20 has 5.5 minutes of recording time, the RC20XL has 16 minutes. So be aware of that.

• Members

i have both the boss rc-20 and the jamman. i don't do a ton of looping stuff with them, mostly use them as a sampler to trigger samples and noise tracks when my band plays live.

they're pretty similiar...i started with the boss, but found the recording time too limiting (about 15 mins) so i upgraded to the jamman. the flash card is a great feature, as is the 99 loop slots. there is a separate 3 button controller that allows you some limited control over loop selection etc.

i've been really happy with the jamman. the only complaint that i have is that it doesn't have a reverse function, which is a bit of a bummer. but its so awesome at everything else that i can forgive it this one omission...

Archived