I present to you: iMPulses!

mparsons

• Members

thanks which one do you thnk works the best?

Depends on the preamp and tone you are going after... I would try all of the mic positions and see which of those you like best, then fine tuned it within that range to see what exactly you want.

• Members

Oh, sorry, should have been more clear... Here is a link that explains what they do: http://www.guitarampmodeling.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2452&sid=6e0a31bc5c2fa4bf6f9f573b4894a3af

They are really useful for silent recording. If you have a preamp, plug that into the computer, apply the impulse, and voila! Cranked tube tone at midnight without bothering anyone. FAR superior to PODs or whatever amp simulation is available now.

If you have an amp head, then you can plug the "FX Loop Out" into the computer and do the same thing. You just have to be careful to keep a load on the amp, or keep it on standby, depending on the amp.

• Members

Oh, sorry, should have been more clear... Here is a link that explains what they do:

They are really useful for silent recording. If you have a preamp, plug that into the computer, apply the impulse, and voila! Cranked tube tone at midnight without bothering anyone. FAR superior to PODs or whatever amp simulation is available now.

If you have an amp head, then you can plug the "FX Loop Out" into the computer and do the same thing. You just have to be careful to keep a load on the amp, or keep it on standby, depending on the amp.

Beet me to it but thanks again

Archived