Finally some MarkIV clippage from moi

petejt

• Members

Yeah I finally got around to making some clips, although still just via digital camera rather than a proper audio recording. I still need some gear in that department.

Therefore YouTube has drowned the awesomeness from the tone present during its creation. Sucks I know but hopefully you'll hear some of the mojo.

This is my full rig going at full blast. Well, it could have been louder of course :) . What I mean is I have all three amps on at once- the MarkIV, my Engl Fireball, and there's also the Roland Jazz Chorus 120 which takes one of the load signals from the Fireball and via the THD Hotplate receives a line level signal, into its effects return. Then its in-built chorusing swooshes it round the room.

There's also my TC Electronic Stereo Chorus/Flanger on a slowish wide chorusing setting, that does the stereo split to the MarkIV & Fireball.

As you can see I was a bit excited at the time . But, {censored} it :p:) , teh tonez were killer! hb.gif

Oh, I had been at a First Aid course earlier that day and forgot to take my name tag off :facepalm:

[YOUTUBE]WbaI4Xa4JdI[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

ok, this one is JUST the MarkIV.

Pity the camera was too close to direct in front of the cab, as it made it sound buzzy :( . Honestly in person it is NOT buzzy or harsh like that, but very crunchy & aggressive, and chunky.

Of course there's some cleans as well. I just done this half an hour ago and was a bit tired so I rushed it. I've had enough today hehe.

[YOUTUBE]NVLzf9xbxzM[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Glad to see it's back in action. I liked the pop ups too. Crappy sound, all my vids with the tremoverb sound like ass too, nothing like how it sounds in the room. I can hear that trademark mark IV growl since I've been in the same room with the amp.

• Members

Mind telling me what you think is bad about it?
:idk:
I can't seem to hate the tone too much really.
:snax:

Yeah that's right, I did.

It's just that it was so n:o:obish for him to use a "cheap crappy EQ" to dial out EVERY single midrange frequency on his amp. And he used the typical "Classic V" EQ style too.

Sure enough in my video, the sound is a little buzzy (because of the camera), there were still plenty of mids there.

The reason his video sounds good to some people, is because they hear the crunch in the treble.

• Members

Yeah that's right, I did.

It's just that it was so n:o:obish for him to use a "cheap crappy EQ" to dial out
EVERY single midrange frequency
on his amp. And he used the typical "Classic V" EQ style too.

Sure enough in my video, the sound is a little buzzy (because of the camera), there were still plenty of mids there.

The reason his video sounds good to some people, is because they hear the crunch in the treble.

Ah gotcha. :wave:

I've noticed his tone is good with chords, but when he plays single notes that sound a little weird. :o

• Members

I can tell that the camera & youtube are holding back the tone. Thanks for posting them though!

I also like that little bit of the Cure thrown in there.
:thu:

Thank you! :thu: I'm glad that you appreciated my bit of A Forest (my fave song by The Cure).

Archived