I'm eating some fresh deer sausage right now

evhtone

• Members

This guy has a point. Though I froze all four backstraps and haven't even eaten them yet.

SOON.

in south texas, where i hunt, there is plenty of mesquite. you make a bigass mesquite fire under your pit and grill that {censored}er up with some salt and pepper, and SON there isn't anything better.

• Members

i'll tell you all though, culling wild pigs and coyote is about 20x more fun than deer hunting

I actually shot a coyote that was chasing a deer on opening day.

I was in my tree stand and just about when I was getting light out I heard noise behind me and then saw a white tail probably 100 yards off. I figured something was behind it because they don't run fast like that without being spooked and only one other guy was on the 300 acres I own, so, I knew it wasn't him. So I watched and about a minute later a coyote walks up and just stops. So I shot him from about 100 yards and man did it jump high and then didn't move after that. Good sized coyote too.

• Members

I have no idea what my dad does with it. We hunt it, kill it, skin it, and process it, and some of it goes to the butcher for mystery meat :confused:

I don't live with my parents anymore, but I come home for a week or two over Xmas and kill {censored}, do work on it, then I have no idea what happens :idk:

We don't have a walk in cooler or anything, we just hang it by the rear legs from the roof of our garage and it keeps nice and cool (just gotta close the doors to keep the dogs out!). However, with global warming, I don't know if we'll be able to do that anymore. Its 40-50 F in Philly in the middle of December? Sad stuff :cry:)

• Members

I actually shot a coyote that was chasing a deer on opening day.

I was in my tree stand and just about when I was getting light out I heard noise behind me and then saw a white tail probably 100 yards off. I figured something was behind it because they don't run fast like that without being spooked and only one other guy was on the 300 acres I own, so, I knew it wasn't him. So I watched and about a minute later a coyote walks up and just stops. So I shot him from about 100 yards and man did it jump high and then didn't move after that. Good sized coyote too.

I don't understand... Why Kill that animal? Did you eat it or use it? I can understand hunting and eating a deer, Hog, etc. but unless those Coyotes are a nuisance or overbreeding, why kill it?

I was hungry until I read this post. :cry:

• Members

I was just talking to a couple of friends today about not having any deer liver in years (since I left New Brunswick where most people hunt). I'm going to hit up on some of my family members to save me some for my next trip down there.

If you like liver and have never had deer liver, you will love it if you get a chance to try it.:phil:

• Members

Hey Chinese, chances are it's an issue of pests.

I'm from the northern parts of BC, and though I've never hunt and shot my own beast, I've butchered my fair share of moose and such.... it is fun ha ha ha!

I wouldn't mind hunting at some point, never done it, don't know how it works overall, but I'd be stoked if I managed to kill my own food in the wild someday....

-Curtis

• Members

I don't understand... Why Kill that animal? Did you eat it or use it? I can understand hunting and eating a deer, Hog, etc. but unless those Coyotes are a nuisance or overbreeding, why kill it?

I was hungry until I read this post.
:cry:

coyotes and hogs are very much nuisances and have to be culled.

some counties in texas have bounties on them.

• Members

i'll tell you all though, culling wild pigs and coyote is about 20x more fun than deer hunting

Hell yes it is. We used to track them in the snow. Back in high school my best bud's girl lived on a farm with a {censored} load of land.

Rifles + Tons of land = Fun

Archived