Peavey Ultra 60 tube question

turckster

• Members

Bought a Peavey Ultra 60 head on e-bay last year about this time. Decided to have new tubes put in it and have it checked out by a local tech. He put in a set of JJ's and when I got it back it sounded sweet. Then it developed a low humm that faded in/out, took the amp back and the tech ordered annother set of tubes. When I got it back it hardly had any volume, I checked the power tubes and they were loose in the sockets. I pulled one out and it was missing the center alignment pin and the pins were slightly bent. By this time I was so pissed, I can understand new tubes going bad-{censored} happens, but to allow something like this to leave your shop-pure bull.

I decided to get a pair of power tubes from G/C(groove tubes) and see if the tube sockets were ok or screwed. The G/T tubes fit tight into the sockets. Set the amp on standby and the tubes put off a orange glow, powered on and there is a hint of blue. I don't know if anyone can tell by the pics but, does this look ok?

tubes2.jpg

tubes4.jpg

I've never noticed if it was like this before. The amp sounds ok and gets loud as hell. Sorry for the long winded version:blah:

Thanks

turckster

Archived